Chapter ninteen

"Wh-what happened? You don't have to tell me," I stood up and walked around to his side of the booth and shoved him against the wall. I sat down in beside him and placed my hands onto his.

"I found her cheating on me with her ex-boyfriend," he said. I looked behind me and saw Dawn walking over with our drinks. I turned Sage's head towards me and placed my lips on his. He froze for a second before he pressed his lips back onto mine. And, that's all it was, our lips slightly moving, not a whole make out session, but, just, a long soft, gentle, romantic kiss.

I heard someone clear their throat behind me. I smiled and pulled away from Sage. I looked up and saw Dawn standing there looking pissed as hell.

I started to scoot out to go over to my seat - where my hot chocolate was - when Sage wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me to him. He pulled me until I was leaning against him.

If looks could kill, Dawn would be in prison for murder, I thought to myself.

"What..." she cleared her throat to get rid of the bitter note of anger resting there. "What can I get you two today? Our special this morning is Strawberry Crepes."

"I'll have The Sweetheart with extra Nutella. What about you babe?" Nutella? I WANT NUTELLA! I WILL HAVE MY TRUE LOVE!

I blushed when he called me babe. "I'll have the same thing," I said. She gave us a stiff smile before she walked back into the kitchen. I placed my hand on Sages. "What is The Sweetheart?" I asked.

"It's three strawberry crepes with Nutella drizzled on top," I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"I need to go sit on the other side," I said trying to pull out of his grip.

"Why?" he asked.

I pointed to the large blue mug. "She put my hot chocolate over there and I don't want to spill it trying to get it over here," I said.

He sighed and placed a soft, gentle kiss to my lips just as an old couple was led passed us on their way to their table. "Aww, you two are so cute together!" the woman said.

I pulled away placed my hands over my face and blushed. Sage kissed the side of my head as he wrapped his arm around my waist. I shook my head. I lifted my head up and smiled at the couple. "Thank you," they smiled and went to their seats.

"Any chance you had and getting up and moving over to that side was lost the second the couple walked by," he whispered in my ear.

"But, what about my drink?" I asked.

He unwrapped his arms from around me and leaned over the table and carefully brought the full mug over and placed it in front of me.

I smiled and kissed him. "I love you."

"I love you too," he said.

I placed my head on his shoulder as he traced circles on my bare arm. I jumped when Sage started tickling my sides. "Stop! Please! Stop!" I squealed quietly, or, at least I tried. He stopped when a plate was placed in front of him and one on the other side of the table.

"Um, Dawn, was it, I'm sitting over here now, so, I'd like it if you would place the plate over here, so I can actually eat it," I said. She sighed and placed the plate in front of me. "Thank you," she nodded and walked off.

"Bon apatite," Sage said as he started to eat the breakfast.

I looked down at my plate and understood immediately why it was called The Sweetheart.

The crepes were arranged in a heart shape, and the strawberries looked like little hearts as they were placed on the crepes and around the plate. I smiled at the amount of Nutella.

"Thank you," I said as I kissed Sage's cheek.

I took a bite and it melted in my mouth.