Chapter Two

I woke up to a hand softly shaking me awake. "Skylar, sweetie, it's time to wake up. We're at your new home," I slowly opened my eyes and looked into Skylar's smiling face.

I looked over at the house and deadpanned.

This is not a house! This is a freaking castle!

I slowly climbed out of the taxi and walked up the steps and to the front door, waiting for Damian and Bianca to arrive. They came a few minutes later carrying my things and they opened the door and walked inside the 'house'. I followed behind them slowly, and gaped at the large entry way.

"I'll go put your things in your room while Bianca takes you on the grand tour, okay?"

I nodded, still not speaking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour later the tour was almost done, we just had to go to my room now. "Come on, Skylar! Let's go!" Bianca grabbed my hand and practically dragged me up the stairs and down the hallway until we came unto a closed door. She nudged me towards it. "Go on. Open it," I looked over at my shoulder and at her smiling face.

I turned back towards the door and took a deep breath. I opened the door and walked in.

My jaw dropped. My room was amazing! I walked in and spun in the spacious room. On the left side of the bed there was a set of french doors. I opened the doors and walked in and saw a large bathroom. In the center of the room was a large tub and on either side of the tub was a doorway type thing. I looked back at Bianca.

She motioned for me to walk in. I walked in and saw a shower behind the tub. I laughed. I walked out and on the right side of the tub was another set of french doors. I cocked an eyebrow. I walked over and threw them open. I gasped at the size of the closet.

It was empty. I will never be able to fill this closet.

I turned around and ran out of the closet and out of the bathroom. I ran straight towards Bianca. I wrapped my arms tightly around her. "Th-th-thank you!" my voice cracked.

"Of course, sweetie," Bianca wrapped her arms tightly around me.

Suddenly another pair of arms wrapped around Bianca and me. "Is it too late for me to join?" Damian chuckled.

"N-n-n-no," I removed one of my arms from around Bianca and wrapped it around Damian.

Maybe this will be a good thing. Maybe we can become a family.

"How do you like your new room and house?" Damian asked after we all pulled away from the hug and we were walking down stairs towards the kitchen.

"I... I... love... it," I struggled to say.

"How long has it been since you talked?" Damian asked.

"N-n-nine... years," I slowly stated.

"What grade are you in?"

"I... don't... go... to school... I graduated... when I was... twelve," speaking slowly got easier and easier.

Bianca nodded. "Our son goes to school, he should be home right about --" Bianca was cut off as three boy's came running in laughing and shoving each other.

"Mom! We missed you!" they all exclaimed.

I walked behind Damian and hid. "Hey boys! How was school today?" Damian laughed and tried to get me to step out from behind him. I gripped onto his blazer tightly and buried my face in his back.

"It was boring!" a voice said.

"It was okay," another voice stated.

"It was awful. The day seemed to drag on by," a deep voice said sending shivers down my back.

"Sage, I want you to meet your sister, Skylar," there was a pause. "Where'd she go, Damian?"

I gripped his shirt tighter. "Dude, you have a sister and you didn't tell us?" two voices shouted at once.

I felt Damian move slightly.

Suddenly a warm hand grabbed my hand and sent shivers all over my body. The arm connected to the hand wrapped itself around me and pulled me away from Damian. "No! Stop it! Let me go!" I screamed. Well, it sounded like I was talking at a normal voice.

The arms didn't give up and pulled me away from Damian. "What if I don't want to?" the same deep voice as before spoke into my ear.