Chapter Twenty

Thirty minutes later, Sage was helping me out of his car and into the freezing snow. "Why didn't I bring a jacket?" I asked, wrapping my arms around myself.

Sage laughed and closed my door. He wrapped his arms around me in a hug and pushed me against the car door. "I don't know," he responded.

"You could have told me to grab a jacket!" I said wrapping my arms around his waist.

"And miss being able to warm you by holding you in my arms? No thanks," he pulled away just enough so he could look into my eyes. I rolled my eyes and kissed his cheek. "You missed," he said frowning.

"What do you mean?" I asked. Oh! I smiled and kissed his other cheek. His frown deepened.

I noticed out of the corner of my eye, a small group of people were starting to form around us. I turned my head and saw Derek, Jason, and Alex. "You missed again," he said. I turned back to him and kissed his nose. "Really? I thought you had great aim."

"I actually have terrible aim," I responded.

He groaned and captured my mouth with his. He moved his lips gently against mine, as I moved mine gently against his. I heard some wolf whistles and clapping. I blushed and pulled away. I shivered and Sage pulled me closer to him.

"I love you," he whispered softly in my ear.

"I love you too," I mumbled into his jacket. "I'm cold!" I pulled my arms from around him and wrapped them around my body, trying to conserve what little body heat I had left.

He laughed and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "Let's get you inside before you turn into an icicle," he whispered in my ear, nipping at the tip. I was too cold to care. I nodded and let him turn me towards the guys.

They were standing there with their mouths hanging open.

Alex smiled. "I am going to assume that you talked to your parents?"

Sage smiled and kissed my forehead. "Yeah," he led me to the front office with the boys trailing behind us and a crap load of people staring at us. "Can she get a visitors pass?"

"What's your name sweetie?"

"Skylar Cross," I replied.

Sage leaned down and whispered in my ear, "Skylar Martho," I just elbowed him as the woman gave me my pass.

Sage grabbed my hand and led me out of the office. "Are you ready for your most boring day of your life?"

"Yes."