Chapter Sixteen

Sage POV

I didn't sleep. All I did was toss and turn and think about Skylar.

I haven't known her long, but I've been known too fall in love fast and hard. I think I'm falling in love with Skylar. I can't fight it anymore.

After I heard my parents alarm go off, I jumped out of bed and ran into the hall and practically pounded the door down.

My dad came to the door, just in pajama bottoms like me. He rubbed his face. "What do you want?"

"I need to talk to you and mom about something really important," I said.

He opened the door wider and let me in. I saw mom in her bathrobe at her vanity applying her makeup. "What is it, honey?"

My dad sat down on his bed while I stood in the doorway. My mom turned towards me.

I looked down at the ground and started to rub my right foot on top of my left food. "I think I'm falling in love with Skylar," I mumbled.

"What was that, honey? You need to speak up," my mom said.

I took a deep breath. "I think I'm falling in love --" my voice choked up.

"Falling in love with who? I need to meet this girl who's captured my sons heart," my father said.

"You've already met her," I said.

"Well, what's her name?" he said.

"Promise you won't get mad and send her away okay?" he looked at me confused. My mother came up and hugged me.

"Who is it sweetie?"

"It's Skylar," I said.

My mom stepped away and stood by my father. "Are you sure? It's only been three days," she said.

I looked down and nodded. I started to cry. "I don't know what to do! I know she's my sister and I've tried to fight it and I just don't know what to do! Yesterday, Alex forced me to kiss her, he physically forced me to kiss her and, and, I liked it. And every time I hear her voice, I swear my insides melt and every time I touch her I feel like bombs are errupting inside of me and I can't stop thinking about her," I said through sobs. My father came up and wrapped his arms around me. My mom soon joined him.

After they pulled away my mom lifted my chin up so I was looking at them. "Why are you two smiling?"

"Because, you've opened your heart up. Of course, you opened it to love Skylar like a sister, but it turned out you weren't meant to love here as a sister," my father said.

"But, people would bully her if they found out I was in love with her," I cried.

"Why?"

"Because she's legally my sister!" I said.

"The only people who know that are you and your friends," my mom said. "And from what you said, it seems they want you two to date," she smiled.

"So, your not mad at me?"

"Never," they both said.

"Now," my mother said. "Go get her," I nodded.

I walked out of their room and down to Skylar's room.

Her door was locked.

I gently, but soundly, knocked on the door. After about five minutes of me knocking, she opened the door. She scanned me before shutting the door and locking it again. I lifted my hand and continued the same knocking as before. She opened the door about three minutes later, and before she could close the door on me again, I stepped in and closed the door with my foot as I wrapped my arms around her.

"I'm so sorry!" I said, as I started crying again. A tear fell onto the bare skin of her neck.

She didn't say anything. No, no, no, no, don't shut me out!

"Please talk to me! Please don't shut me out!" my body jerked with a sob.

There was a knock on the door and it opened. "Are you okay, Sage?" I stood up and looked at them.

"I'm not feeling well, can I stay home today?" they gave me a knowing look.

"Is this about what we talked about this morning?" I nodded.

"Stay safe," was all my mom said before they closed the door and walked out to head to work.

A few minutes after the garage door closed I wrapped Skylar back into my arms. "Please," was all I said.

She slowly wrapped her arms around my neck and bombs exploded in my heart, I was so happy. My grip tightened on her and I rubbed my hands up and down her back. I love you, I wanted to whisper into her ear.

I grabbed her thighs and wrapped her legs around my waist. I wrapped my arms around her waist and chuckled as her grip tightened. "I'm not going to let you fall," I kissed her neck.

Her skin is so soft.

I pulled away and looked into her eyes. "I really like you, Skylar."

Her breathing hitched. "Wh-what?"

""I really like you. Not as a brother should like a sister. As a boyfriend should like his girlfriend," I placed my forehead against hers.

Gosh, I really want to kiss you right now.

"Can I kiss you?"

She seemed to think for a little bit before giving her answer.

"Yes."

I gently placed my lips on hers and I felt fireworks.