Ch. 4 "Death & Disrespect" pg. 38

My mother might not have been the best mother - the stand up for her responsibilities type of mother, but she was MY mother. She wasn't ever one of those kinds of mothers, but she stepped in and tried to be a good mother the best way she knew how. When my mother came back around again she was clean off that dope and was working 2 jobs. She was doing pretty good for herself and I was actually proud of her. Even though I didn't care much for her in the beginning, I saw the change.My mother felt like my grandmother was "trying to be my mother" and she hated that. Every time my nana's name came up she would pop a blood vessel. She said all kinds of bad things about my grandmother. For a while, I thought my mother was crazy! It was evident that my mom wasn't feeling the close bond that I had with my grandmother, and I'm sure that she had her own personal reasons why. Maybe one day she'll write her own book and explain her side of the story. Who knows? I just knew that she was my mama and I respected that, but I couldn't respect the fact that she flat out abandoned me and dipped off with my brother. Not too long after my mother took over the house her tone started to change. She became way too demented but this time, it was with my brother. My mom did not play when it came to her money! My brother stole her book of food stamps and bought candy for his entire class. She wanted to beat the blood out of him!

Please Vote For My Story. The Next Update Will Be Tomorrow.