Ch. 3 "Dope Dealers, Drugs, & Drama" pg. 30

My grandmother and I moved from place to place, city to city, state to state for a while. I found no problem with it when I was younger because I got to make friends everywhere. It wasn't until I got older when I realized that it was not okay to be house hopping with a child. I made some friends in New Hampshire when I was in the 1st grade. I remember hearing this girl's parents talk bad about my grandmother behind her back. They would go on and on about how my family was dysfunctional and how my nana was an addict. The girl's father asked me if I wanted to live with them because I would have a way better life. Ha! I doubted that statement. There was a high amount of that child molestation going on in the New Hampshire area and I was far from stupid. 
The only reason I knew about it was because my grandmother would always talk to me about those things. She did her best to keep me safe and aware of my surroundings. There is only so much a person can do when they are suffering from substance abuse.
As I said earlier, she did her best and she was a damn good mother substitution. We had some great times together! Way more great than bad. My grandmother and great grandparents definitely provided, guided, and loved me endlessly. I knew that they loved me through their actions and not just their words. By the time, I entered the 2nd grade I officially looked at my grandmother and great grandmother as my two mothers and my great grandfather as my dad.

Please Vote For My Story. The Next Update Will Be Tomorrow.