Ch 1. From My Recollection pg 9 (Ether 9 Hair & Lightskin)

At times, Nina's room door was hard to open because of all the junk and clothes piled up. Although I came from a dysfunctional home, I still wasn't used to dealing with clutter and mess. I got used to it fast though because I wanted to hang around her. That was cut short only because I was too young and she just treated me like a little baby. You know -- big baby hugs and kisses all over the face. That is how I was treated by her back in the days. I used to watch her through the room window whenever she left out the house. Nina was so popular and everyone in our apartment complex loved her! My cousin never knew how much she inspired me to be like her. She never knew that she was my role model.
Well now it's September, and it's time to start school. Since I wasn't even 5 years old, I couldn't start Kindergarten with everyone else, so my great-grandparents enrolled me into Headstart. It was exciting but nothing too much new to me given the fact that my mother had me attending daycare since the age of 2 1/2 years old. The only thing really new to me was being around a bunch of people that I did not know and having an old white teacher. It was very scary to me because I was teased, bullied, and even assaulted on numerous occasions due to the color of my skin and my 9 Ether hair.

Please Vote For My Story. The Next Update Will Be Tomorrow.