Ch 1. From My Recollection pg 5

At that point, I just knew that I wasn't going to see my family ever again. I screamed to my brother: "keep running!" and that is what he did. Wearing nothing but a t-shirt, Adidas sneakers, and his diaper; my baby brother, not even two years old, was ghost up Blue Hill Avenue running. They eventually caught up to him and after a long struggle, then finally convincing him to get in the police car, my brother directed them to my father's house in Roxbury. 

The police told my family that it wasn't easy. They had to give him McDonald's in exchange for my fathers' address! That was where they met up with the Department of Social Services. I'm laughing thinking about this because to this day, that brother of mine still knows how to get his way. I'll tell you one thing, we were most definitely some smart children. 

My brother made it to my father's house in Roxbury, and I made it to the office of Mrs. Brown. She was my social worker from the Department of Social Services (DSS) and she seemed to be very familiar with my face. Shortly after sitting in that woman's office, my brother showed up, and we hugged liked we didn't see each other in years. I thought I was never going to see him again. He was all I had at that point because my other sibling (my sister) was living with a different family. I wasn't sure what was about to happen to us but I remember Mrs. Brown saying that we were going to be alright.

Please Vote For My Story. The Next Update Will Be Tomorrow.