Ch. 3 "Dope Dealers, Drugs, & Drama" pg. 28

Anyway, that was the day in a life living in the hood and it didn't bother me at all. I was actually excited by all the action I saw living in Academy Homes Projects. Living with my grandmother wasn't that bad at all. 
Even though my nana was on drugs too, she still took care of me like a mother should. She protected me and made sure nothing bad ever happened to me. She was the best mother I had next to my great grandmother. Everyone in the "A" knew my family so I was pretty much safe around there. I was living back and forth between my grandmother and great grandparents from 1988 until 1990. My mother and brother were missing in action and so was my father. 
I lived in several different towns throughout those years. I witnessed and gone through some real inconceivable shit. The things that I went through was enough to cause a weak minded person to commit suicide. I loved my grandmother like she was my actual mother. I mean, she seemed to care more about me more than my own biological mother did. My mother abandoned me and to a certain extent, my father did too. I missed my father so much but there was nothing I can do to make him reappear in my life. To this day I honestly don't know if he ever knew where I was during that time. The 80s era was no joke for real! All I saw was dope dealers, prostitutes, drugs, different homes, and drama. The 1980s drug epidemic had my whole city in a choke hold.

Please Vote For My Story. The Next Update Will Be Tomorrow.