Ch. 2 "She Wasn't Ready" pg 12 (Missing In Action)

On the road again, to my mother I go. I was quiet and visibly sad the whole way there. I can't call to mind the exact date that we left, but I'm guessing it was early January or mid-January 1988. I do know that I spent my 5th birthday with my great grandparents and it was very cold outside but there wasn't any snow yet. When we pulled up to our destination and nothing at all looked familiar. I saw a huge house, with a fence around it, and a swing set on the side of the house. I screamed in excitement to nana, "Woah this is a big ole house!" My mother left Boston and relocated to New Bedford, Massachusetts. I don't know what she was thinking moving over an hour away from home but she made the move. I was told that my mother was trying to start over with a fresh new slate. 

As soon as my brother and I got out the van, my mother came running up to us and hugged us so tight. She kissed me, rubbed my hair, and told me how much she missed us and hugged me even tighter. She hugged my baby brother the same way and tears started running down her cheeks. Nana and grandpa kept saying that they needed to talk with my mother privately. My mama directed my brother and I to go straight up the stairs, so we walked into the house, and left the adults outside to talk.

Please Vote For My Story. The Next Update Will Be Tomorrow.