Hangovers, Shopping and A Surprise

Start from the beginning

The guy shifted over but to my disappointment his hand was still on my waist. Seriously, was my waist his arm rest or something?

I let out a huge breath of relief as his blurry face came into view and he spoke. "What was that for Carly?"

Even though his voice was groggy and extra gruff, I instantly recognized it. "Mason?" It came out more as a question than exclamation.

"What?" he sort of snapped.

Another huge breath of relief. "First of all get your arm off my waist." I ordered and he instantly removed his hand and sat up. "And secondly, thank you so much for being you." I said with a smile.

"Huh?" Mason asked sounding very confused.

I looked at my surroundings better and slowly everything looked more clear, I was in Mason's bedroom and the guy sleeping beside me was Mason. But why was I in Mason's room and why was I sleeping next to him?

I panicked again and sat up straight, I shot my neck Mason's way and I could see him rubbing over his eyes. "Why..." I trailed off when I felt a sharp pain seep through my head. I instinctively shut my eyes and held my head. The pain was almost unbearable. "Ah!"

"Carly?" Mason exclaimed in panic and I could feel him scoot closer to me. "Carly, what happened?"

I took a few minutes to answer him. "Headache." I managed to croak.

"It's called a hangover." Mason said more calmly.

I shook my head. I've had many hangovers before but I've never experienced such a severe headache. "No, it's unbearable." I murmured, feeling my eyes sting with uncalled tears.

"Uh, okay...hold on a second." Mason mumbled, sounding a little panicky.

I could feel his weight lift off the bed and I assumed he was off to get Advil or something, but I knew this kind of headache- or maybe not since it was the first time I'd gotten such a severe one- but I knew a normal Advil wouldn't make it go away. "My purse...get my purse please."

"Right." Mason mumbled and I heard his bedroom door open and shut.

It felt like hours of pain until I was finally at ease. Mason had gotten back as fast as he possibly could from downstairs where I'd left my purse to get my painkillers that the doctor prescribed if I ever got an unexpected headache.

I was sitting cross legged on his bed and the pain had thankfully subsided. I held onto my temples for a few seconds and when I eventually pulled my hand away I looked up at Mason staring at me as if were a fragile piece of glass that would break if he looked away. "Stop staring, it's creepy."

Mason blinked a few times and eventually looked away for a second before he looked at me again. Mason was sitting at the edge of the bed, across me with a concerned expression. "Are you alright now?" he asked softly.

I nodded. "A little."

"You scared me there for a second Edwards."

I half-grinned. "Sorry and...thanks for caring."

"I don't-" he began to protest but I cut him off.

"Fine, thanks for being concerned."

He let out a breath. "You're welcome."

We sat in a comfortable silence for a while; I was glad I could see again and got my glasses from my purse. My contact lenses were probably lost in the midst of Mason's bed sheets and even if I did find it, it would probably be damaged besides I had an extra pair at home. Speaking of home and Mason's bed sheets, I was still curious to know why I wasn't home and instead at Mason's place.