Chapter 53

Happy Reading!

Chapter - 53

Location - Peter Island; Villa
Kya banaon? Pasta toh nahi chalega. Umm.. Manik questioned himself scratching his head with his forefinger; as he stood in the Kitchen and roamed his eyes on the various ingredients arranged on the counter. Although his late sleeping had done no damage the previous day but he being him; had taken a lesson from some overestimated 'Whats' that 'could have happened' due to his apparently negligent oversleeping and hence had woken up earlier than usual - before her - and after freshening himself for the day - was ready to rustle up something delicious for his lady Love; who was still fast asleep. The Island's only Resort encompassed only one Restaurant which served two cuisines; both Nandini's favorites besides Italian; but now that her taste preferences were changing or probably, had already changed - he wasn't sure if the food would suit her and decided to cross - check with her about the same later and himself cook for her until then. After 10 long minutes of contemplation over What to actually cook; he finally settled on making the traditional South Indian Rava Idlis - using the MTR Magic Kitchen Instant Mix - that he had brought all the way from India along with some other basic Ready - to - Cook Foods; keeping in mind some urgent situations when she might want to munch on home - made food. He had already researched about the quality and wholesomeness of the Product and had also consulted the Doctor about usage - who assured the safety - and so, without any delay, he quickly read the instructions and began with the task.

The Batter was steaming in the Pressure Cooker and Manik was blending the Condiments in different bowls; White Chutney, Red Chutney and Sambhar; that were also provided with the Idli Mix when he saw Nandini trudging towards him; wearing his shirt and rubbing her half - opened eyes. He grinned widely at her babyness and awing him more; she quietly came near him, hugged him from behind like a baby and mumbled, reposing her head on his back Good Morning Papa! He kissed her hands endearingly and replied, looking down at her from over his shoulder Good Morning Baby! Itna jaldi kiun uthgaya? Sojana tha na baby thodi der aur. Nuzzling her face in his back, she held him tighter and said, yawning Kese Sota? You weren't there na. No Papa; No Sleep. He just smiled at her reply and also at how unlike him; nothing can deceive her senses and then cutely peeking from behind, she raised her brows and asked babyishly What are You doing Papa? Throwing his arm around her; he pulled her out, made her sit on the kitchen slab and replied gritting his teeth out of love, after pecking her lips Wese to main breakfast bana raha tha per agar tu itna cute behave karega na; tu main tujhe hi kha jaonga. Ese! Saying this, he bit her cheeks gently on which she giggled and smiling along, he gave her a quick morning hug and then said, pouring some Cuppa in the Cup Mere Babies ko bhook lagi hogi na. Bas thoda sa wait karlo - abhi ready hojaega. Jab tak drink this. He forwarded her the cup and like a sweetheart; she made him take the first sip, pecked on his smiling lips and then asked, whiffing the faint aroma But what are you making Papa? Resting his hands on the either sides; he bent close to her and replied, brushing a wisp of hair away from her face Papa is making Idlis. Obviously surprised on learning about the not - so - easy Idli being prepared by him; she asked, dilating her pupils Idli? Kese? Kitna sab kuch karna padta hai uske liye - soaking, fermenting, grinding! You did all this? When? He chuckled at her reaction and then answered, moving his head sideways I didn't do all that. Then easing the confusion creases formed on her forehead, he added, showing her the Empty packet of Instant Mix Iske saarey contents mix kiye aur cooker mein daldiya. Bas! All the more shocked; she took the packet from him and asked, goggling at him Manik tum yeh Idli Mix India se saath le lekar aye ho? Why? Taking back the packet, he threw it in the dustbin and then replied, moving a little aside to display the entire range of snacks Haan! Tumhe kabhi ghar ka khana khaney ka mann kiya toh? Mujhe zyada kuch toh banana aata nahi hain ! Isliye main yeh le aaya. For some good seconds; she just gaped at him and then shaking her head in disbelief, she teased; eyeing him roguishly Mr. Malhotra! Aap bohot unpredictable hotey jaarahe ho. Carrying Edibles - is so not Manik Malhotra. He smirked at her remark and replied dramatically, playing along Hum per hamara zor kahan raha ab Madam ji! Bas pyaar karte hain - cheezein apne aap hojati hai. Both tee - heed at his cheesy line and then muffling her arms around his neck, she said, raking her fingers through his hair I Love You So Much! And fused her lips with his for a slow; steady and prolonged morning kiss. Wanting to keep it short for some reason; she tried breaking the kiss but he pulled her back; and kissed her passionately till their breathing heavied. Puffing and panting; he again sucked her already swollen lips; to soothe them and muttered sternly Never ever try moving away when I am kissing you. You know I hate it. I Love You Too! Twinkling at his possessiveness and never ending fervor; she just hmmed and then asked like a 3 year old Main fresh hoker aaon? Cupping her face, he impressed a buss on her forehead and replied smilingly Haan! Per jaldi ana okay? She bobbed her head and scurried into the bedroom; after giving him a smacker on cheek.

. . . . .

Arey! Yeh kya? Nandini spoke in an amused tone watching Manik carving the big round Idli slab into atypical 'triangle' shaped pieces using a Pizza - cutter; on returning back after a hot morning shower. Before anything else; he seated her again on the kitchen slab, pecked on her lips and then replied with a smug, arranging the slices in a plate with chutney and Sambhar Yeh hai Manik Malhotra special idlis! Ab dekho yahan woh Idli maker toh nahi mila! Pressure cooker aur cake mould mila - toh maine dono ko use karke banadiya. How intelligent of me na! He boasted and being actually impressed by his yet another innovative trick; she gave an appreciating smile and then breaking out a small piece of Idli, he dabbed it in red chutney and said, feeding it to her Yeh khao aur mujhe batao ke kaisa hai! Savoring the mouthful; she mmed like always and praised, making him also eat Its Delicious! Not because the mix is good - but because my Papa made it. Letting out a hearty laugh at her affectionate comment; he kissed on her chewing pout and asked, dropping another morsel in her mouth Accha Baby; hum jis hotel me lunch ke liye jaenge na wahan Bistro aur Asian - Caribbean food serve hota hai. You okay with it? Listening about her favored cuisine; she smiled ear to ear and answered, nodding Of course I am Okay. Per hum aaj kya karenge? Umm .. Trekking per chalein? Her idea surely was brilliant and Manik instantly loved it but next moment; his subconscious mind intervened and criticized the suggestion citing the various risks involved and considering them, he stated his denial politely Sorry Baby! Per I can't approve of this. Dejected by the straightforward No; to which she wasn't used at all; she turned the corners of her mouth down and objected Per Kiun? You booked itna bada Island! Itni acchi greenery hai; hum explore karne chaltey hain na Mani! He held her face with gentle hands and explained, listing the possible threats Kiunke its unsafe. Yahan forest mein animals toh nahi hai per insects hongey na Baby. Tumhe kaatliya unhone toh?And moreover the Jungle is so filled with boulders and rocks. You might trip na! Aur wahan itne sarey trees or plants hain - tumhe kisise allergy hogayi toh? Isliye we shouldn't go. Had it been something else; she would've agreed with him without an err but here he was casting doubt on himself - which she couldn't tolerate and so; acting stubborn - she got down on her feet and declared, crossing her arms on his chest Fine! If you won't take me then I will go on my own. He gave her a helpless look and held her hand as she took a step forward to go and sighing; she pulled him to her and said lovingly, in her sugary voice Manik I am hell bent on this because I trust you. 6 years se hum saath hain aur in 6 years mein tumne ek mosquito ko bhi mujhe bite karne diya - yahan ke insects kaise mujhe harm karsakte hain? Haan rocks honge; and maybe main phisal jaon per ab toh its a universal fact that Manik can never let his Nandini fall. Mujhe kisi bhi cheez se darr nahi lagta Manik because you are with me. Agar in sab ke alawa koi aur baat hai toh I won't be ziddi. Nahi toh; I really want to do this. Her words were touching and faultlessly convincing but as much as he was obsessed with fulfilling her every wish; including this; protecting her was also an all - consuming habit of his and on that account; before giving in - he excused himself for a moment, speedily dialed Manager's number, made some enquiries and on getting reassured, through and through, of the Forest's safety - he came back to her and said, after giving her a kiss on lips Okay! Hum jaenge - per lunch ke baad! Abhi bohot dhoop hai. Already thrilled; she hopped in his arms and more than happily; he hugged her back.