Chapter 28

Chapter - 28

Location - Malhotra Mansion - Afternoon

An ambience of jovial merriment and laughter extended throughout the huge mansion and even the zephyr flowing inside; tittered along - that was heard as a soft melody which served as a background score to the euphonious tee - hees of the love - birds; who were snuggled in each others arms; teasing each other and giggling mirthfully; reminiscing their beautiful moments by walking down the memory lane. Aww! My Baby! You were shoo cute. Look at your cheeks. Sho chubby chubby. Roly - Poly. Manik said pulling Nandini's now not so plump cheeks while looking at a picture of hers from S.P.A.C.E days in their album that they were going through. Nandini got down from his lap and replied, puffing her cheeks and folding her arms across her chest I was chotu that time. Don't tease me na Manik. I was little sha baby. He effortlessly nestled her again in his lap and said, wrapping his arms tightly around her and giving a peck on her poutTu ab kahan bada hua hai? Abhi bhi chotu sa hi. Teeny - weeny sha. Mela Baby! She smiled and replied, pecking him back Keshe bada hoga baby? Papa honey hi nahi dete. Manik smiled and said, resting his chin on her shoulder blade Papa kabhi bada honey bhi nahi denge. Tu bada hujaega toh keshe chalega? I Love You sho much re. Bas I wish those tubby cheeks of mine come back. Don't know where they went. So that I can do this. Saying this he tenderly bit her cheeks and then kissed on them lovingly. She turned the page and replied, showing him the picture where he was doing what he just did You ate all of them. Don't say they disappeared. Monster Manik! Her lips twitched in a smirk seeing him smug and to avoid further razzing, he quickly flipped over the page.

Manik you remember this day? She asked him while skimming her hands through a still where Nandini was lifted up in Manik's arms and they were surrounded by Fab 4, Navya and Chacha - Chachi; happiness evident on everyone's faces. Nandini titled her face to look at him and he answered Of Course I do Baby. 2 June. The day when you made me Proud. I can't tell you how much happy I was. She smiled and said, after planting a kiss on the corner of his lips You don't need to tell Manik. It was visible in your eyes.

Retour en arrire

The visit to Mangalore made Manik realize one more fact other than the obvious one of Nandini loving him; that Music wasn't her passion but only a liking. He had perceived this opinion after going through her room and the way she enthusiastically explained him everything about the science instruments. But he din't know the reason behind Nandini taking up Music and shunning her actual interest . Not wanting her to toy with her future and ambitions; he decided and confronted Nandini about it. As a matter of fact, she denied saying he was mistaken but when Manik used the ultimate weapon of blackmailing, she revealed to him that she took it up as the college was offering her the scholarship and also because she did not willed to burden her Chacha - Chachi who were already stressed with the expense of Rishab's treatment. Even though knowing about her self - respect; he had hesitantly offered her to take the monetary responsibility and according to what he had envisaged, she clearly but politely refused; understanding his concern.

Being aware of her aspirations and yet quietly letting her sacrifice was something that Manik couldn't digest and to convince her to pursue her dreams; he thought of finding another way out and did a research that gave him information about the entrance exam which would provide a scholarship in a medical college if passed with good numbers. Finally getting a hope and with loads of motivation from Manik, friends and family; she applied for the test.

Even though it was Nandini who had attempted the exam; restlessness was clouded over Manik who was impatiently pacing the hall and tapping his feet in anticipation as they all waited in the hall for the results to be declared; surrounding Cabir who was sitting in the center with the laptop, biting his nails and continuously refreshing the website. It wasn't that he din't have confidence in Nandini and her calibre; he was more certain of it than anything else in this world but it was just that he was scared that Nandini would be heart - broken if the results don't show up to be positive.