Chapter 40

Chapter - 40

Location - Malhotra Mansion
Kya Hua Navya? Nandini asked on coming downstairs; a bit worried as Navya was shouting on top of her voice and before she could get any answer; she was hit by a soft and innocent blow on her back as Aarav; who had just returned from his school camping trip; rammed into her and took her in a tight hug; wrapping his arms around her waist and locking them on her stomach. Her lips stretched from ear to ear at his yet another adorb and then she said, looking down at him from over her shoulder My Baccha is back hmm? I missed you so much Baby. Saying this Nandini pulled him to her front and kissed his cheeks tightly after kneeling down before him and then Aarav replied, rubbing his nose with hers I missed you more Massi Ma. And I Love You. Aapne mujhe bataya kiun nahi ke aap agaye? Main kal hi ajata na camp. Nandini couldn't help but awe at his words and doing it; she pulled his cheeks lightly and said, gritting her teeth out of Love I Love You too mera baccha! Isiliye nahi bataya. Kiunke aap ajatey. Camp bhi important hai na Baby. Wese how was it? Giving the answer to her question in a simple nod; he squinted around the house with narrowed eyes; as if searching for someone and observing this; Nandini asked Kya hua Baby? Kisko dhoond rahe ho aap? Giving the entire Mansion another once - over; he bent close to Nandini and said or inquired seriously; slowly as a whisper Partner Kahan hai? Nandini was a bit confused as to why Aarav was asking this in hushed voice and that too with a gambhir look on his face but playing along; she answered in the same way Uper hain room mein. Per aap aise kiun baat karrahe ho? What happened? Bowing his head; as if guilty of some big sin; he replied, in a dejected tone and while fiddling with his fingers Woh! Maine partner se promise kiya tha ke aap ke aaney tak I will be with him per yeh stupid camp ki wajah se mujhe jana padha. Maine jab unko bataya dinner per toh unhone sirf hmm kiya aur next day when I went to say him bye; he din't open the door only. I shocked so many times but he din't come out. I think woh naraz hai mujhse. A small smile crept on her face at the naive assumption of his pure heart; just like all others who were witnessing; but before Nandini could say something to console the poor little thing; who was drowning in culpability; Manik tapped Aarav's shoulder once, standing behind him and said in a bit firm voice Shocked nahi Champ; knocked hota hai. Gulping down the lump formed in his throat; Aarav turned about and apologized; with his head lowered and hands catching his earlobes Sorry Partner! I know you are upset with me. Coz i broke the promise na. Per main kya karta? Important tha na. Aur mom maan hi nahi rahi thi. You can ask her. But still if you want you can be cutty with me. I did wrong. So you can. Manik was carefully listening to him; pursing his lips to suppress the smile whilst trying hard to not aww; so that he can play around with him for sometime but all his plans went in gutter seeing a lone tear fall from his baby's eyes. Shunning every other thought; Manik quickly picked him up in his arms and said, releasing his ears from his hold and then wiping the dew off his eyes Arey Champ! You don't need to be sorry at all. I am not upset with you. Dadda ne mujhe bataya tha ke camp is compulsory. Partner can never be upset with you. You know na? Then? Aarav sniffed and asked, looking at Manik with nimble blinking eyes Aap upset nahi ho toh door kiun ni khola aapne uss din? Manik smiled and replied, pinching his now-red elfin nose Kiunke mujhe laga koi servant hai. Apne toh aawaz hi nahi di thi na. Finally smiling; Aarav slapped his palm on his forehead and then said sheepishly Stupid me! Main toh bhool gaya. Saying this he giggled heartily at himself; making others also titter and then added; hugging Manik I Love You Partner! So Much! An overwhelmed Manik; tightened the grip on the bairn; engulfing him completely in his arms and replied I Love You Too Champ!

After the elaborate; milofy and manaofy session; everyone sat in the hall to kill some time before starting up with the bedecking business. The youngsters were having a random chat; with Aarav snoozing in Nandini's lap;  when Chachi came along with lunch plates and said, laying them on the center table for the boys and passing one plate to Chacha Chalo bhai ladkon! Tum log lunch khalo. Sorry thoda late hogaya. The ever famished Cabir literally pounced on food followed by a sharp - set Dhruv and half - starved Rishabh; thanks to the labor work of decoration they were engaged in since morning and an additional work; in case of DhruBir; of pampering their observing wifies; whereas Manik; in contrast to all the other three men; abruptly stood and excused himself; citing some work as a reason and seeing this; Chachi asked, oblivious to the most obvious fact that could ever be Arey! Issey kya hua achanak? Khana toh khaker jata. Instead of a reply; she got a chuckle from Cabir; smiles from everyone else and a shy tomatoish Nandini and then solving the puzzle; which wasn't a puzzle at all; for Chachi, Cabir said Aap kitni bholi hain Chachi. Aarav ko bhi pata hai ke agar Nandini khana nahi khayegi toh Manik bhi nahi khayega. Yeh toh sarvabhumik satya hai. Aapko kese nahi pata? At last; on getting the aha! moment; Chachi smiled but then getting into the mother mode; she said in a tone full of concern Arey per ese kaise? Kabse kuch nahi khaya usne. Kaise rahega chaand nikalne tak? But Chachi again missed another writ large point; probably because of the fast and under the effect of hungry gut; the naked truth that Manik had Nandini; the FikrMinister herself as his wife who, for once, can forget breathing but not anything regarding him and his health. Shooing away her blush; Nandini held Chachi's hand and replied, putting her motherly heart at rest Its Ok Chachi! Mujhe pata tha isliye maine subah hi apne saath ussey acche se khana khiladiya tha. Sighing a relief and mouthing an Oh!; Chachi smiled  and then spoke with 'Kahin pe nigahein; kahin pe nishana' glint in her voice and while shooting daggers at Chacha and RishDhruBir; who were getting their laughing gears round the food as if deprived of it since ages Mera Shah Rukh hai hi sona munda. Warna kuch log toh itna bhi dhyaan nahi dete ke koi bhuke saamne baithey hain aur thoos thoos ke khatey hain; jese zindagi me pehli baar khana dekhrahe ho. The male hands with ready to pop morsels stopped in their tracks; just inches away from their chops; on hearing the solid oblique taunt that came along with the complimentary black looks from the ladies of their lives; except a tee - heeing Nandini and already full Mukti; but as they say 'Bhook Insaan ko kuch aur hi banadeti hai'; the not - so - insensitive men got their skins thick and giving a damn to the put - down they were just rewarded with; took their plates and whizzed out of the hall; leaving the girls jaw - dropped. After shouting some curses at the arch blokes and chortling on getting some funny comments back; of course from Cabir; the ladies got involved with the last - minute cross - checking and arrangements; which took about 2 hours; and when everything was set; they retired to their rooms to get ready.