Chapter 36

Location - Malhotra Industries

Hush and quietitude spread across the whole 200 square feet premises of the Malhotra Industries Main Branch in the Northern Suburbs of the Mumbai city; when the news of Mr. Malhotra's arrival bruited about. Each and Every member of the staff; from hirelings to white - collared workers were literally frozen on their positions; some pretending and some sincerely engrossed in their works but the worst situation was of the head honcho; who was pacing to and fro - treading the office place again and again to make sure anything and everything was impeccable and regulated; exactly the way Manik liked. The already baited breaths of the workpersons now hitched in their throats; as the telecom rang which indicated that HE had reached. Controlling his shaking legs and wiping the cold sweat off his forehead; the Manager hurriedly strode towards the lift for receiving Manik while all the others just raised on their feet and stiffened themselves with their hearts beating noiselessly in their mouths; praying and hoping for the 'storm' to subside soon i.e., he should make an early exit without taking away their job for whatever reasons. As always happens; all the waiting faces turned pale; white as sheets; when the doors of the lift parted and their CEO entered along with his four permanent guards; who were kept for protecting him from the always present Media and Paparazzis infront of the Office Gates - Thanks to his 'Rockstar' image. 'Nothing Changed' was the first thought that popped in everyone's mind on seeing him; he was the same like they saw him on his last Visit; A personification of Urbanity and Austerity; His face stern and authority pouring out from his debonair persona. Carrying his imperious and officious yet suave attitude; he answered Manager's greeting and started to move when came a voice, his favorite, of Nandini - who had just come after attending a call Mr. Malhotra! Have you forgotten that I have come along with you? The burning sensation of fear was replaced by the cooling relief; in the hearts of employees on getting the pleasant surprise of finding Nandini; the key to their Master's heart; in the office - and they smiled ear to ear; as her mere presence was enough to keep him composed; something that always proved beneficial for them and ensured their safety as well as job security. Though she never interfered in the business matters or in cases when Manik's angry behaviour was justified; but her being there - always maintained a tranquil and peaceful ambience - as her one look was powerful enough to cool him down. Signaling her a mute sorry; He forwarded his hand to her with his bewitching smile - that shocked the blue out of the new employees who believed that Smiling was something that wasn't possible for their Boss to do as they had never seen him with his wife. Flashing her vibrant smile, she held his hand and whispered something in his ear that instantly brought a grin on his face and seeing this; one of the fresh candidate asked to his older colleague; somehow regaining his voice, as slow as a whisper Yeh Kya horaha hai? Boss aur smile? And yeh ladki koun hai unke saath? The person faked a smile as MaNan passed by him, towards the Cabin and then replied Wife hai Boss ki. Thank God woh bhi aayi aaj. Pata hai? Woh jab aati hai na tab Boss ka ghussa mano exist hi nahi karta. Tuney news to suni hogi na about how much Manik Malhotra loves his wife. Bas usi pyaar ki thodi glimpse hai yeh. The one who questioned smiled; already impressed by the genteel lady - love of his guv'nor and then they both continued with their work; not wanting to take any risk of getting into their Sachem's bad books.

Manik woh sab chodo Baba aur pehle lunch karlo. Yeh zyada important hai. You can do it later also na. Nandini said to Manik who was busy in adorning the Cabin's Showcase with Nandini's Trophy that she was awarded for winning the best cardiologist title. He slid the glass to the side; Closing the case and replied, looking at the Award with eyes full of pride Baad me karsakta hoon per I couldn't wait anymore. I was dying to place it here. My Cabin has become more dignified with this. Nandini smiled and shook her head; at the way he had disregarded his medals that were covering all the walls of the room and then said, dragging him from the cupboard to the couch and making him sit Enough of boasting about your wife Mr. Malhotra! Ab khana khayein? Medicines leni hain tumhein. Saying this she sat next to him and dished out some food; that she herself had prepared for him separately; and said, seeing him making faces at the soup I am Sorry Manik! I know tumhe aisa khana bilkul pasand nahi hai per bas thode din. He took a spoon full of the soup from her hand and said, smilingly, while feeding her the same You don't have to feel guilty Baby. I din't knew ke soup tumne banaya tha. Kissing her one hand; after intertwining it with his; he continuedTumhare haath se piya hua pani bhi mujhe extra tasty lagta hai. Phir yeh soup to tumne banaya hai. I can eat it daily. She chuckled at his cheesy line; but she knew he meant it and replied, after pecking on his lips I Love You Mani. The word 'Mani' broadened his already wide smile and he spoke, after pecking her back I Love You too Baby. Thoda zyada when you call me Mani. She smiled and gave him a quick hug and after feeding him full and getting herself fed by him; she gave him the medicines which; as always; he gulped down with a lot of frowns.