Chapter 26

Chapter - 26

Location - Hospital - Special Ward - 9 PM

It was quite a long time post everyone's egress; Cabir was lying on the couch - talking to the love birds who were closely nestled in each other's arms under the duvet, on the hospital bed when Cabir asked Nandini Aur kitne din hospital mein rehna hai Nandu? She pondered over Angad's advice about staying for a couple of days more so that Manik can be properly cared after and replied Do din aur. Cabir nodded but Manik spoke abruptly, not liking the idea of extending his sojourn in the infirmaryNo Nandini! I don't want to stay here. Lets go home na. And please don't try reasoning me saying I need rest and care. No place in this world can give me more peace than our home. Aur rahi baat care karne ki, toh tum ho na. No one can look after me better than you. Please take me home. Nandini couldn't disregard his such an earnest plea neither did she find any need to do so as he was correct and also, she herself wasn't able to stand the sight of him laying on the hospital bed - so granting his wish, she said As you say so. I will talk to Angad in the morning okay? Manik smiled and so did Cabir, admiring the scene which he would have laughed on; if someone had foretold him about its happening 6 years back; His dear friend Manik Malhotra who searched for ways to avoid returning to his then 'so called home' was now beseeching to be taken back there; the sole person behind this drastic change being 'Nandini' - he whispered her name under his breath - more like a prayer; immensely grateful to her for coming in his friend's life - which was beset by problems as a solution. His smile grew wider - like it always did - on seeing the two lovelies cuddling and enjoying in their little world; playing and giggling muttering sweet nothings to each other - peace and content evident on their faces. He could have teased them and broken their cute moment; but he din't - as seeing them so happy together; seeing Manik - whom he had seen shattering bit by bit in loneliness - so ecstatic filled his heart with genuine euphoria and blessings came out instinctively. Not wanting a bit to disturb them, he quietly pulled the quilt over himself and closed his eyes to have a visit to the Land of Nod.

Unmindful of Cabir's brief adoration followed by sleep taking over him; MaNan were busy in each other - Manik resting on Nandini's shoulder - who was ruffling his hair and tittering, amidst their talks - bearing his sweet tickles caused by the slow brushing of his long fingers on her petite waist - making him also giggle. Snuggling more into his soft baby, Manik said, rubbing his cheeks that had grown a stubble, with her smooth ones Nandini! You know what? You are really like a baby. So soft and supple. One of the many reasons why I can't stay away from you. He stopped his cuddly gesture, thinking his stiff hairs might rash her cheeks but she din't let him move and replied, massaging his cheeks with hers And I am fond of the touch of your rugged skin against mine. Gives me a tingly feeling; which I love. She said tongue - in cheek and his lips instantly twitched in a naughty smirk and mischief glinted in his chocolaty eyes. He moved closer to her ear and asked, nibbling her earlobe Accha? Aisi baatein tum tab kiun nahi karti jab hum apne room mein hotey hain hmm? I would love to give you that tingly feeling. Saying he bit her ear lightly and began nuzzling the flexure of her neck but Nandini pushed him by prodding his shoulder with her index finger and said Mr. Naughty Malhotra! If you have forgotten, we are in a hospital ward, on the hospital bed and you have two stitches on your body - which are two - days old. Sorry to disappoint you - but Your desires have to go on a holiday until your wounds completely heal. He pouted like a child whose toffee was snatched and seeing this, Nandini rejoined after pecking his pout I know you hate this but I can't let your injuries get tensed. Your one hiss and my heart gets murdered. I have already let you endure too much of pain - not a pint - size more now. Understanding her emotions; Manik smiled and took her in his arms; after lying properly on his back and said, spooning her cheek with his palm Kaise milgayi tum mujhe Nandini. Kahan main thodey se pyaar ke liye tadapta tha aur yahan tumhare Aiyappa ne tumhe mere paas bhej diya. I Love You so much Nandini. So so much. Her devastated state that he saw when he gained consciousness; her endless tears on seeing his bruises and her hard - hearted behavior towards Vadhera; everything was constantly running in his mind as well as heart - acquainting him with her unfathomable and boundless love for him; filling his entire being with warmth and amour and making every cell in his body to dance out of joy for being the fortunate one to own her and her love. She could clearly see the delight in his eyes that were holding a little lone tear of beatitude and replied, kissing away the tear I Love You More Manik. So much that it can drown and kill the bad memories of your past. Saying this she placed her lips on his for a gentle kiss - promising him the togetherness for a lifetime and beyond. They broke the kiss and she rested her forehead on his and hummed a melody; a lullaby, while raking her fingers through his hair and he harbored her in his arms - nothing was spoken thereafter; only tranquility, their love and her mellow voice pervaded the air and slowly they slipped in the arms of Morpheus.