CHAPTER TWENTY NINE: Fawn

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE: FAWN

"So how about it?"

Lucy whipped around in her chair at the end of breakfast to find Sirius standing there. Everyone except themselves and Remus had left the kitchen. Lucy turned slowly to Remus who offered her a kind smile.

"He means about becoming an animagus," Remus explained. "Are you up for the task?"

Lucy nodded, determined. "Absolutely."

*

They'd been allowed to eat lunch in their rooms. Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Harry had been taking it in turns to play wizards chess while Fred and George had been working on more ideas for Weasleys Wizard Wheezes in their room. So when Molly Weasley called for dinner they were eager to join the communal space as well as to see where Lucy had gotten to.

"She's done it!" Tonks punched the air in triumph as they all arrived in the kitchen. "She's only gone and done it!"

"What?" Harry asked as they filtered into the room.

Sirius stepped aside to reveal Lucy. Everything was normal about her except —

"You've got doe ears," George marvelled at the sight.

It was true, Lucy had managed to sprout a pair of doe ears after much concentration and advice from her teachers. Of course, Remus didn't know the process first hand but had seen his friend's conduct the matter in his schooling years.

"It took until our fifth year to become fully fledged animagi," Sirius voiced. "But Lucy here has already managed to sprout ears."

"Why a doe?" Hermione questioned as Lucy sat down next to her.

"It felt right," Lucy responded, she elaborated no further.

Fred had been silent for sometime, he was in awe at the whole ordeal. He finally managed to make it to a seat next to George and opposite Lucy. "How long will it take for you to become a doe?"

"Months," Remus said. "Possibly years."

"It's a start," Lucy seemed no less proud of herself. "If I do it all right I could sneak into Umbridge's office and cause her some grief."

"Perfect," Ron chuckled as he helped himself to some dinner. "Exactly what the old cow deserves."

"Ron," Molly warned as she set another dish on the table.

"No he's right," George chipped in. "She's horrible. She makes students write — "

"She's got all these educational decrees," Hermione interrupted, knowing Lucy wouldn't want to discuss the matter of the quill and poison ink. "Which are totally barbaric."

"Well...make sure you all behave," Molly sat next to Arthur. "By the sounds of it you don't want to end up on the wrong side of her."

"They're sensible kids," Arthur reassured, putting an arm around his wife. "They wouldn't do anything too intrusive."

Lucy's ears twitched and she winked at Fred.

*

"You need a name," George flopped on his bed as they arrived back in the twins' room after dinner.

"A name?" Lucy raised her eyebrow. She'd made the doe ears disappear now, returning to her usual self. She'd been able to hear a lot more through her doe ears and the sensitivity was beginning to hurt.

"Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs all had names," Fred added as he made his way to his bed.

"Who?" Lucy slipped off her cardigan and hung it up.

Fred and George exchanged a glance and then turned to Lucy.

"Padfoot is Sirius," George said simply. "Harry told us."

"And he's the one teaching you to become an animagus. Moony is Remus, but he's a werewolf — you must've heard the rumours when he was teaching. Wormtail was their friend and Prongs was Harry's dad, he was a stag." Fred explained.

"How do you know about them?"

"We found their map in Filch's office in first year — a map of the castle."

"Anyway," George prompted. "So you're going to be a doe, right?"

"Right," Lucy nodded and finally sat upon her bed.

"What about Fawn?" Fred suggested.

"Fawn," Lucy tried it out. "I like that."

"Well Fawn," George smirked. "Give Umbridge hell from us."

"Oh don't worry," Lucy laughed. "I will."