CHAPTER TEN: The Truth

CHAPTER TEN: THE TRUTH

"What happened to my daghter?" Snape demanded.

"I fell and hit my head," Lucy reiterated.

Snape walked over to where Fred was sitting. "Weasley did you bring her here?"

"Yes sir, she fainted as well because she hates the sight of blood."

"I didn't faint on the way though," Lucy rolled her eyes.

Snape nodded but said nothing. He seemed confused that Fred should be the one to bring Lucy to the hospital wing. He tried to shrug it off, they were friends after all. He lowered himself into a seat. Madam Pomfrey took her hand away and walked around the bed to face Lucy.

"Everything seems to be fine, I'll just fix you up with a simple spell and everything will be — Miss Snape?"

All Lucy could seem to see was the blood coating Miss Pomfrey's hand and she swayed a little before passing out. Snape sprang into action and laid her on the hospital bed properly.

"She's never been good with blood," Snape murmured, standing over her.

Madam Pomfrey quickly retreated to wash the blood off of her hand and then returned with her wand. Snape helped turn Lucy onto her side while Madam Pomfrey muttered a spell and then the blood disappeared. Snape laid her down again and held onto her hand.

"Oh, Lucy," he muttered. He stared at her for a few moments before facing Fred. "I have to re-stock my Potions supplies."

Fred was caught off guard by the abruptness of his voice. "Sure."

"Find me if she gets worse, don't hesitate," his voice was vicious as if Fred had bad intentions with her.

Fred nodded vigorously. "Of course, Professor."

Snape retreated from the room and almost as soon as he did Lucy awoke again. Fred couldn't help but laugh at her dazed expression.

"You still here?" Lucy sat up and didn't take her eyes off of Fred.

"I'm sorry," he bowed his head.

"For?"

"Making you fall back like that, I feel terrible."

"No need, I'm lousy at blocking spells. Potions is my forte."

"We've all got something."

"So I guess you've finished working through what you had to," she placed her hands in her lap. "Care to explain what your mood is about?"

Fred seemed to shy away from her

"What is it Fred?" Lucy asked quietly.

The softness of her voice seemed to draw out the words from him. "Can you hear me out without getting disgusted?"

"I'll try."

He drew a breath before continuing. "I had a dream that seems it wasn't meant for me."

She was intrigued. "Oh? So someone's forcing thoughts into your head?"

"Not exactly because it was about you."

"Me?"

"Yeah, I was holding you in my arms and we..." he stopped himself and smiled. "It's stupid, we're just friends aren't we?"

Lucy's lips were pursed into a straight line. "Always."

"So it doesn't matter, I'm sorry, that's why I was acting weird around you. It stunned me into silence."

"Dad would kill you if he thought you were kissing me."

The word shocked him into standing up and he straightened his jumper. "I'll see you around."

Lucy waved up a hand in a half hearted wave before Fred wandered out. Lucy shook her head:

"Boys."

Fred shoved his hands in his pockets and tried to keep calm under the dozen images he had of Snape attempting to kill him.

He spoke to the empty hallway: "What have I done?"