CHAPTER TWENTY: Weasley is Our King

CHAPTER TWENTY: WEASLEY IS OUR KING

Five days had passed and it was the morning of the Quidditch match between Gryffindor and Slytherin. Fred had endured more rigorous training along with his team mates and they were ready to go.

George plonked himself down next to his brother Ron that very morning with a sigh, he already donned his Quidditch uniform ready for the match just like Harry.

"Where's Fred?" Ron asked, munching on breakfast.

"Good morning to you too," George rolled his eyes. "I don't know, he wasn't in his bed when I woke up."

"Huh," Ron shrugged his shoulders.

Hermione narrowed her eyes and stopped her spoonful of porridge on its journey to her mouth. "He's been rather absent recently, as has Lucy."

George glanced up at her from his breakfast. "What're you saying, 'Mione?"

"Well those two have always been pretty close," she shrugged.

"There they are," Harry nodded in the direction of the doors to the Great Hall.

Everyone turned to where he was looking and there were Lucy and Fred making their way into the hall. Like George, Fred was already dressed in his Quidditch uniform and was talking to Lucy animatedly.

"They sure look happy," Ron observed.

"Do you think they — " Harry began.

"Hi, everyone," Fred interrupted and took a seat. Lucy sat next to Hermione.

Everyone mumbled their greetings and Lucy turned to Hermione. "Are you coming to the Quidditch match?"

"I've got study—" Hermione began but was cut short.

"Great! I'll see you there."

Hermione looked at Rom. "Ronald, you really should get dressed in your Quidditch robes, everyone else has."

"Breakfast comes first, 'Mione, you should know that by now."

Hermione rolled her eyes.

*

When breakfast had been depleted and Ron had gotten changed, they all headed down to the Quidditch pitch.

"Good luck," Lucy smiled at Fred before they parted.

He saluted her. "Thank you, my lady."

She tried to pull a face at him but couldn't help but laugh. Fred, George, Harry and Ron all headed onto the pitch while Lucy and Hermione found a seat in the already busy stands. Hermione looked at Lucy with an excited look on her face, as soon as they sat down she erupted in excitement:

"If you and Fred aren't dating by now then I'm going to ask him out for you!"

"Goodness, where's this all come from?" Lucy frowned and played oblivious.

"Well you've clearly been spending a lot of time with him, George says he's been missing for a while and you have too so tell me!"