Chapter 9.

Chapter 9
***********
True to his word, Justin showed up at my house just half an hour later. I answered the door as my mam wondered down the stairs in a skirt and dress shirt. I simply rolled my eyes as she formally greeted Justin and his manager. We then all walked into the dining room and sat around the table.

Me and my mam sat next to each other and then Justin and scooter- his manager sat opposite us both. After introducing himself Scooter then reached down and grabbed a big brown envelope and placed it on the table.

He smiled up at us. "Okay so I don't wanna waste everyone's time and beat around the bush" he started. I noticed Justin, he was looking around the room as he sat back in his seat, with his arms cross over his chest as he wore the same clothes he did at school today. However he had swapped his hat for his sunglasses which were placed firmly in his hair.

My eyes snapped back towards scooter as he began to walk again "we want you to be Justin's girlfriend" instantly I began to laugh, obviously he was joking, right?

Within seconds of hearing me laugh my mam hit my leg telling me to shut up. I tried my hardly but I simply couldn't help it.

"I don't literally mean be his girlfriend but for the media, you portray to be his girlfriend for all his fans and the media." He paused as both me and my mam stared at him waiting for him to carry on "we have actually been looking for some time now but nobody fit the bill, you...instantly the fans took to you. When Justin posted that photo the fans were literally praying there was something between you. That is unbelievable...trust me. I mean you both go to the same school and you both bother with the same crowed so you're together anyway. And not to mention you are already known by millions all around the world in your own ways" he finished.

I stayed silent for a minute as I looked at him, my eyes then flicked to Justin who was just sitting casually back in his seat.

I then turned to my mam who was looking at me already. I widened my eyes at her, hoping she would talk. After a few seconds she nodded her head "I think this is a great idea" instantly my mouth dropped.

I was in shock, I mean I never ever ever think she would be down for this. I mean a secret relationship- well no actually that's the opposite of what it would be. It would be a public relationship only. That is absolutely ridiculous.

"Brooke" my mam turned back to me "think about this. Being Justin's 'girlfriend' will give you a massive platform...even bigger than the one you have now! This could open so many doors for both you and him. Think about it...you've always wanted to have your own clothing line right? This could be the first couple steps to do this" as each word left her mouth my head went into over drive. Everything she was saying was right but did I really want to have that type of label on me? Did I want to use someone else's success for my own?

"You will also be payed. A good amount too! Me and your mother can talk about that later on though. This is a brilliant opportunity for the both of you." Scooter added.

I shock my head slightly and turned to Justin who was still looking at me "incase you hadn't realised I don't like you" as I finished Justin simply smiled at me.

"That's what makes it great! you pretend you like me and I pretend I like you then when the cameras are off we leave each other alone" he shrugged pausing " that means you won't fall for me. Which is great because that is the last thing I need. It is simply an acting thing. You get money for it and have opportunities open up for you" he added.

I turned back to my mam who was shaking her head. I then turned to scooter who was also nodding his head "Brooke you bother with the same people. You are gonna be together whether you like it or not. With this deal you spend time together like you normally would but you're getting paid good money for it"

I have to say. This was sounding better and better to me. Scooter was right, I would have to spend time with him whether I liked it nor not. He was best friends with my cousin and my best friends boyfriend and we bothered with the same people in school. I could build my repetition up and one day could have my own clothing line off the back off this.

"the contract is for 8 months. 2 months were you introduce each other to your fans, friends, family and then 6 months were you make it 'official' to everyone." He smiled.

I thought about it for a second more. As scooter continued to talk "everybody must believe it. The only people who know about this will be me, you, Justin and both your parents if you want them too. Obviously us 4 and Justin's mother Pattie being the main. You cousins, nans, bamps, best friends ect ect ect must all believe it is real. It is essential that they believe it so you have to act like you really are. For these first two months all you need to do is be seen a little more around, when you're together post it on social media and when you're out in public just be a little more touchy feely" he paused "nothing too much though".

Scooter then pulled a pile of papers out of the envelope and pushed it forward. " this is the contact" he said. I reached forward and pulled it towards me. I then turned to my mam. She was smiling at me lightly nodding her head "I think this is a once in a life time opportunity and you should definitely take it"

I paused "are you saying that as my lawyer or mother" she laughed slightly and nodded "both hunny"

As soon as the words left her mouth I picked up a pen and signed my signature across the dotted lines without even thinking about it. "Ok...i'm in" I mumbled as I did so. After I did I pushed it from me, looking up at Justin who had a smirk plastered across his face.

Please someone tell me I just made the right decision.

Scooter clapped his hands together and smiles at me. "Perfect! Right you too go grab a drink while I talk money with Donna" he nodded over to my mam.

Without saying another word me and Justin both stood and wondered into my kitchen.

"So....girlfriend" he winked at me as I turned around.