Ch. 24

Joshua's POV

.
.

My crazy thought haunts me for days, thinking of what I should do to make this right but at the same time keeping a good distance away from this problem.

It's not that I don't care about Jungah missing and all but it's about being too attached to her, the boys love her so much they now would constantly leave her voicemails or ask her whereabouts to mom and dad, it kinda irks me seeing they care more about my sister than I do.

Yes, deep down I finally accept that she's my sister but her causing this much ruckus to the boys made me keep my own mind to myself, I wouldn't say anything to anyone and didn't seem to care about me at the moment.

Dongjae had grown used to it now, he'd constantly ask about Jungah but when the boys answered that they don't know he'd just nod, not a frown nor a small pout, just a nod before he continue what he was doing.

Eversince my relationship and the boys became drifted, I've been watching them from afar to see what they're like under this kind of pressure; what I've seen so far is not good, there would be some constant scolding from S.Coups telling the boys (especially the maknaes) to drop their phones and practice, he once almost literally drag Dino by his hoodie to the practice room, there would also be bickers of where could Jungah possibly be and that fight would be stopped by Woozi voluntarily, nothing is peaceful in the dorm.

Everyone being stressed is nothing compared to what Vernon and Mingyu is going through, mom took Dongjae with her so that Dongjae wouldn't be a bother to us, Vernon and Mingyu was near mad when she did but with a lot and I mean A LOT of persuassion the two eventually let him off half-heartedly.

I remembered Dongjae crying loudly when mom carried him away from Mingyu, I've heard that he doesn't have a dad and Mingyu has been the best dad to him so far. It must be hard for them to let each other go.

"Hyung..." someone called from the door softly, I was lying on my bed doing absolutely nothing, I turn and saw Dino standing with a smile on his face, "what is it?" I asked, "your mom's here, she brought Dongjae along with her" he said then fled.

I was confused, why did she come? Nevertheless I went out to greet her.

It was true what Dino said, mom brought Dongjae to the dorm, he was immediately being kidnapped by the other boys without thinking twice, "Josh! You're finally out of your room! Vernon told me you've been spending quite some times in that room" mom said while chuckling to herself, "I've been out a couple times mom... I still have work..." I sighed and sat down in front of mom.

She smiled at me, but her smile showed slight sadness, she put her hand on top of mine, "it must've been hard for you to accept this easily... I'm so sorry honey..." she frowned.

I didn't answer anything, mom sighed then looked down to her lap, "your sister... she really wanted to tell you, but hearing that you think that she's only your imagination discouraged her more than anything... I remembered the first day she came into your dorm... she called me and ask why you didn't remember her... after hearing my story, she suddenly became gloomy-it was obvious in her voice-it saddens me thinking how heartbroken she was... thankfully she didn't give up that easily..." then she halt into a stop.

I thought she was done talking and I was about to open my mouth to utter a protest when suddenly she gripped my hand hard, "Joshua... y-you need to know..." she was still keeping her head down, "what? What is it?" I asked softly, confused at her sudden reaction, "J-Jungah... she w-went through a lot last year..." that's when i realized that mom was crying, her voice cracked and when she looked up her eyes were red and droplets of tears decend from her eyes.