Ch. 27

Joshua's POV

.
.

"The... drop...box...?" I muttered to myself as I stare weirdly at the sign before me, it looked like a place to drop off package or maybe letters but it was big enough for a dog to fit in.

I now stood by the door of a medium sized 'orphanage' that's basically a one story house the ahjumma back in the cafe told me, she said Jungah have been working here since the day she left the dorm.

The house was rather small to be called an orphanage, but still it looks comfortable and warm. The windows were slightly mozaic so I couldn't actually peek inside to see whether Jungah is really there or not.

Suddenly the door opens and came out a little girl, I jumped slightly in shock but then regain my composure as I sighed, "Jesus, you scared me for a second..." the little girl tilted her head at me, she looked like she's around 5 or 6 years old but her body is tiny so I wasn't sure, "are you looking for someone, ahjussi?" She asked, I crouch down in front of her, "yes, actually I'm looking fo-"

"Eunsung-ah, what did unnie told you? Don't wander off alone!" A voice came behind her and soon a person appears from inside the house, I look up and saw Jungah standing by the door, "oppa..." I heard her mumble, I quickly stood up and smiled, I was near on coming to her and give her a big bear hug when she suddenly held Eunsung back, "Eunsung-ah, let's go back inside, Jongrak ahjussi will be worried" she said before pulling Eunsung with her into the small house.

My eyes widened and I almost jump forward to hold the door from closing, "wait-"

But I was too late, too late by a heartbeat.

I pounded my fist at the door lightly, "Jungah! Jungah! Open up, Please I need to talk to you!" I called and called but no one answered, but I've made it clear to myself that I'd talk to her-explain to her about everything so I was not near the word 'gave up' by then.

Before I could land my fist on tge wooden door, it opens itself and cam out an old man, he was wearing a sky blue button up and a pair of black casual pants, "oh, I didn't know we had a guest" he smiled kindly.

I quickly bowed at him, "a-ah, I'm sorry for making such ruckuss... my name is Joshua Hong-ah Hong Jisoo, sir... I'm Hong Jungah's older brother" my mouth blabbered on itself which made me feel stupid all of a sudden, the kind man smiled and pat my shoulder, "I know who you are" my eyebrows furrowed at me, "w-what do you mean?" I asked, clueless at this point, "come on inside, my wife made some ginger tea earlier" he said then he walked into the house and held the door for me to enter.

Once I entered, I was awed by the not-so small and comfortably warm house, there were several kids in the living room, all of them looked like they're still around 3 to 5 years old, "pastor! Pastor! I need your help!" A kid suddenly ran to us and hold the man's hand and try to drag him away, "a-ah, Jisoo-ssi please excuse me for a moment" he said before letting himself being dragged away by the kid.

I was now left alone, so I sit down awkwardly and look around.

The house was nice, there's a long hallway and right on the left side is the living room and at the end is what seems like the toilet, the right side is the kitchen. There were actually a few rooms and from what I see, the kids were not that many to be too stuffy.

My mind was trying to figure out where Jungah could be in and why did she work here.

Then a little boy walk to me, "hello" I smiled at him, the boy looked like he is around 3 years old-maybe the same as Dongjae but instead of a blonde-ish brown hair, this boy have a soft brown hair, he blinked and sat next to me in silence, "what's your name?" I asked but he only stared at me with big wondering eyes, I raised an eyebrow at him, "are you scared of me?" I asked again, thankfully this time he answered with a shook of his head which made me grin, "glad to know" my hand then move on top of his head and ruffle his hair slightly.