Ch. 8

Jungah's POV

After we got home, the maknae lines were practically tackling us down to the ground, taking the ice cream from our hand.

I snuck into my room, not wanting to be a part of their own little commotion.

Sitting down on my bed, I fish out my phone and dial mom's number, it took me a couple of rings before mom picked up, I'm surprised on how quickly she respond to my calls.

"Hello? Honey? Is everything alright?"

"Yeah mom, I just wanna talk to you, the boys are enjoying their ice cream right now"

"Oh, good for them... so how's the boys? Are they being nice to you?"

"Yeah, they're good to me... but there's one thing that bothers me..."

"What is it?"

"You said that I was taken when Joshua was 6, doesn't that means he still have memories of me and unnie?"

"Ah! That... well... here's a tiny story that we forgot to tell you... both of your departures was very hard to handle, and the one that suffers the most was Joshua... he couldn't live without his sisters, so he continue on with his life, with the both of you as a fracture of his imagination, as he grow up he believed that his 'sisters' were only his imagination and by the time he reached the age of 11, he stopped 'playing' with the both of you-who he believe is his imagination-and practically forget about you both... we wanted to tell him but we're affraid that the truth might be too hard for him to handle"

Mom's story silenced me for a couple seconds, my head became dizzy and my heart sank into my stomach.

"So... in his mind... I never existed...?"

"No, no... it's not like that! You exist... but only as a form of imagination..."

I was speechless.

My brother forgot about me?

Does being here makes any sense anymore?

"Mom... I.. I-I gotta... g...o...."

I mumbled and hung up.

My mind was still in shock, nothing make sense anymore and I don't think I could manage to live here without having second thoughts and doubts after the truth was revealed to me.

But in the midst of my thoughts, a knock came to my door, "Jungah? We're eating ice cream no- hey... what's wrong?" Mingyu asked as he stepped into my room.

I looked up to only look down again, "I-I... I don't..." the words trailed off of my lips, "don't what?" "Don't... think that I could stay here anymore..." I mumbled.

His eyes widened, he shut the door and sat in front of me, facing me while holding my hand, "what? Why? Did we do something to you?" He asked worriedly as his face tilted to the side to get a better look at me.

My body start shuddering, tears start to stream down, "I-I failed... I'm a big d-disapp-ointm-ment..." I choked out, "hey... you're not a disappoin-"

"I AM, OKAY!" I screamed at him, silencing him, "my sister... we should've come here together but she died before she could... she told me to go here alone instead to meet Joshua..."

Mingyu seems to be confused by my statement, "Joshua? Your sister knows Joshua?" He asked again, "we're related... the three of us" I mumbled, he gasp in shock, "SERIOUSLY!? AND YOU DIDN'T TELL HIM!? He gotta know! Let's te-"