chapter 122

"Now, you're sure you're okay staying behind?" Ace asked the coyote once they were flying off.

"Yeah," Tech smiled peacefully. "I can work on some of my side projects, and it'll be the first time I'll be totally in charge."

"What're you talking about you being 'totally in charge'?" Rev argued. "This'll be the first time I'll be totally in charge, or second in charge, 'cuz there's no real purpose than to check the locks and closings, and--"

Tech then tackled the roadrunner to shut him up.

"Um, okay, well, your first thing to do you two is to find out which one is in charge." Akito said.

"Aye-Aye." Ace added as he signed them off then.

"The island we're heading to is 'Apocalypso'." Duck told the others.

"My English is not very good, but is 'apocalypse' not the end of the world?" Felicity sounded nervous.

"No, no, this isn't the end of the world." Duck said.

"Oh, that is a relief..." Felicity relaxed then.

Vincent hid an eye roll about Felicity's language barrier. "So this island, have the trees been demolished yet?" he then asked before he would say something he would regret.

"The construction guys are rippin' it up as we speak." Duck replied as he did his reading on the island resort.

"Uh, we're going to the one island without working bathrooms?" Lexi spun in her chair slightly.

"No bathrooms?" Slam asked before laughing.

"Oh, yeah!" Duck smirked. "It'll be real adventure!"

"Let's see how much work they've done." Vincent said.

"We're comin' in for a landing!" Ace called.

The jet was now coming through the island now, passing the tiny and delicate plants. However, the plants seem to come alive and latch onto the jet.

"Whoa! What just caught us?" Eloise asked.

Jenny looked out the window. "They look like plants."

"I'll take care of them," Vincent said before concentrating one of the rings one his fingers towards the plants, holding them down. "Deforestation!"

The plants shook the jet only slightly, but they seemed to be getting a bit weak from Vincent's power.

"Die and let go." Vincent glared.

The plants seemed to do as the boy said as the plants became withered and crumbled slightly. Jenny looked very curious.

"Uh, thanks, Vincent." Ace said as he was then landing the ship onto the island's sandy dry land.

"No problem, Ace, as long as I have these, those plants won't give us anymore trouble." Vincent said, showing the rings of pollution.

Ace glanced back at the rings. "Eh, what're those, kid?"

"Oh, these? They're my power rings." Vincent said, lying a bit.

Akito and Estelle glanced at their brother suspiciously.

"Uh, I get them because I take more after Mom than you guys..." Vincent said then with a suave smirk.

"Then why do those rings look like the opposite of the five pure elements?" Akito asked.

"We'll figure that out later, right now, we gotta take a look around." Ace said.

"Yeah..." Vincent agreed with Ace, then glanced to his little brother slightly.