chapter 26

They all then went back to HQ to talk it over.

"Okay, Tech, time to make with the big words." Ace said to the coyote since he was the brains of the group and would likely know why and how this happened.

Tech clicked on a screen. "The meteor that hit Acmetropolis a year ago was just a tiny one... This one here is about five times bigger than the original!"

"Kinda makes ya miss the old days, huh?" Ace commented.

"Oh, great, when the next one hits, everyone will have superpowers," Duck grunted. "Will they get better costumes?"

"I don't think so, Duck, in fact, that meteor looks big enough to destroy the planet." Estelle grew worried.

"And I think Zadavia might know about it." Vincent said.

"You're absolutely right, Estelle and Vincent," Zadavia signed in, as if on cue. "Which is why you have to journey into space before that meteor hits Acmetropolis."

"Well, don't worry your floating head, boss lady!" Duck rushed over, kissing up to their adviser. "We laugh at danger!" he then laughed to prove his point. "Besides, what's so scary about a little space voyage?"

"Well, there is the pressure, and the stomach aches, the black holes, the intergalactic evilness, the zero gravity, the supernovas..." Felicity listed, sounding very worried.

"Gee, thanks, cuz, now I don't feel scared at all." Vincent said, sarcastically.

"Oh, my apologies..." Felicity didn't mean to do that.

"Zadavia out..." Zadavia signed off.

They now had to do some training to prepare them for their space traveling mission.

Ace and Akito were facing the holographic bad guys while Lexi put the switches for zero gravity on and off occasionally. And where Estelle was by her side to join in when she could.

"Is this not a little too... How you say... Extreme?" Felicity sounded nervy.

"This is our biggest mission yet," Ace said to her after the hologram bad guys were defeated. "Gotta be ready for anything."

"Oh, you always land on your feet," Lexi assured, handing him a rag to wipe his sweat off. "Plus, we got these kids on our side."

"Couldn't agree more." Estelle said.

"Still needs a lot of practice..." Ace mumbled.

"Let's just take a break." Akito suggested.

"Alright," Ace agreed. "So, what do you guys wanna do then?"

"Talk?" Felicity shrugged.

"Okay, what about?" Ace smiled.

"How about your lives before the meteor hit?" Akito suggested.

"That sounds pretty good..." Ace smiled.

"Tell us about it then." Estelle sat with her siblings and cousin.

"Sil vous plait?" Felicity was even interested.

"Well, for me, before the meteor hit, I was a stunt bunny for movies," Ace explained. "The actors would do most of filming, but I stepped in for them to do their stunts," he then frowned a little. "I had some good ideas, but the director never wanted to listen to 'em..."

"Sounds like the guy was a jerk." Akito said.

"Tell me about it," Ace scoffed, folding his arms in memory. "And talk about a loudmouth drama queen."