chapter 96

'It's like Rip is almost like an older brother to Simon.' Estelle thought to herself.

"Come on, Estelle, let's practice some ballet." Jenny told her pen pal.

"Okay!" Estelle smiled and followed after her.

"Do you mind if I join you in the ballet dancing?" Felicity asked, rubbing her arm shyly.

"Sure, the more, the merrier." Estelle smiled.

Felicity smiled and ran off with Estelle and Jenny, giggling as they went off.

"Girls..." Vincent shook his head with a small laugh.

"Girls sure are a mystery." Oliver said.

Vincent looked down and did a double take once he saw the orange kitten. "Oliver!" he bent down and picked him up. "What're you doing here?"

"I'm here too, ya know..." Georgette walked over to him then as well.

"We appeared here after being sucked into some kind of portal." Oliver explained.

"But that couldn't have happened..." Vincent looked puzzled.

"Uh, I was kinda playing with Jenny's bracelet..." Oliver admitted. "I just wanted to look at it..."

"I tried to stop him," Georgette leaned against Vincent, very melodramatically. "He just wouldn't listen! He's a brutal, childish, beast!"

Oliver rolled his brown eyes at Georgette's words against him.

"Georgette, don't try to be melodramatic." Vincent told the poodle.

"Trying." Oliver chuckled at that like a teasing younger brother.

Georgette just glared at Oliver and began to act like an older sister as she began to ruffle the top of his head.

Vincent chuckled ot them, then looked serious. "You guys need to get back home, it's dangerous in Acmetropolis."

"Acmetropolis?" Oliver and Georgette asked. "What's Acmetropolis?"

"It's where we are," Vincent replied. "In the year 2772, a meteor struck the Planet Earth and it became the city planet known as Acmetropolis."

"So, this whole universe is a future city?" Georgette asked, trying to understand.

"That's my understanding of it," Vincent said to her. "It also gave a coyote, two bunnies, a roadrunner, a Tasmanian devil, and a duck superpowers, these are the Loonatics."

"You mean like those cartoons I watch with Jenny sometimes?" Oliver asked. "Wile E. Coyote, Bugs Bunny, The Roadrunner, Taz, and Daffy Duck?"

"Yeah, those are their ancestors." Vincent said.

"Ancestors?" Oliver asked out of confusion.

"Ancestors are the people who lived before you were born," Vincent explained. "Like... Umm... Oh! I guess Aunt Athena could count since me, Estelle, and Akito never got to meet her, but she's Grandma Emily's sister."

"Yeah, I guess that would be a perfect example." Georgette said.

Vincent smiled, then looked concerned again. "We really need to get you guys back home."

"Okay," Oliver said before noticing the portal wasn't appearing. "Um, where's the portal?"

"It only comes until after a mission..." Vincent bit his lip anxiously.

"So, finish your mission..." Georgette told him.

"I'm afraid that takes a while..." Vincent smiled nervously to the poodle.