chapter 54

Leo came to comfort a very grouchy and unhappy Akito.

"Thanks, boy..." Akito told him, still a little angry as he sat on his bed with with his head in his hands.

"Akito, why are you so unhappy?" Leo asked.

"It's because Dad couldn't put his one mission aside to spend more time with his own family." Akito said.

"Then why don't you call him?" Leo asked him.

"He won't answer, and if he does, it'll just be for like five seconds." Akito rolled his eyes slightly.

"He's providing for you and your family..." Leo reminded.

"I don't care, I'm risking my life almost every day as a Loonatic now, the least he could do was be there for me when it first happened!" Akito started to work out his frustration by punching his pillow. "Why can't that lady find her brother on her own!? What does she need Dad for anyway!?"

"Well, did you do any research on the case/mission that your dad is on?" Leo asked.

"That's all I know, he won't even tell me who the woman or her brother are." Akito groaned, lying down and putting his pillow to his face.

Felicity overheard this and looked to the letter her mother gave her and wondered if she should help her cousin or not. Simon looked encouraging to her. Felicity sighed, she then walked in his room and knocked on the wall.

"What?" Akito muffled in anger and disappointment.

"Akito,... I think I can maybe help you..." Felicity spoke up as she looked to her mother's letter.

"Really? How? And what's that letter you got there?" Akito asked.

"It is from my mother..." Felicity sat on his bed with him and allowed him to read it.

Akito began to read the letter and when he was done reading the letter, he was even more angry, but not at Felicity.

"What?" Felicity asked.

"Felicity, with all due respect," Akito spoke quietly and calmly first, but then yelled loud enough to leave an echo in the tower. "HOW COULD HE NOT TELL US!?"

"Perhaps for your own protection," Felicity tried to soothe. "I am sure your father is doing the best he can... I mean, my mother abandoned me when I was a baby."

Akito then decided to go and make a call to a certain blonde lady.

"Uh-Oh, I think I know what he's going to do." Leo said out of fear.

Felicity looked a little unnerved.

Meanwhile, Zadavia was in her own place, wearing a cloak. "I thought I would be safe here, I've run out of time..." she sounded urgent and worried. "He's coming for me."

"That's why we're here, we're here to help you." Atticus told the blonde woman.

A portal flashed and there came Cherry.

"Cherry, you've made it." Zadavia sounded thankful.

"I had to let my family know first though, it's hard to keep things from them." Cherry told the woman.

"At least they're all safe back at home." Atticus said.

Zadavia then heard a beeping, telling her she was getting a call from the tower.

"You don't have a lot of time." Cherry told her about answering the call.

Zadavia answered the call and to her surprise it was Akito that called her and where he did not look happy at all. "Akito..."

"Hey Zadavia, got a minute?" Akito asked firmly, not seeing his father or his aunt with her.

"Now's not a good time..." Zadavia sounded rushed.

"Why? Busy with trying to find someone? Like your brother optimatus?!"Akito asked her angerly.

This caused for Zadavia to go wide eyed.

"That's right, I know you could have at least let Dad tell me and Estelle and Vincent! We've faced dangers before." Akito said to the blonde woman.

"You don't understand, Akito!" Zadavia tried to explain to him.

"Well, if you explain to me why you had to let this one be so secrective towards me and Estelle and Vincent and even Mom!" Akito said, trying to know why.

"I'm sorry, but I can't tell you," Zadavia replied. "It's for your own safety and protection as well as the others. I need to go now."

"Wait!" Akito cried.

It was too late, Zadavia hung up on him and hiked her hood up, then looked to Cherry and Atticus. "Let's move out."

"How did he find out?" Atticus asked.

Cherry looked away.

"You told him?" Zadavia asked.

"I gave my daughter a letter, I didn't think she'd tell him about it or give it to him." Cherry explained.

"Zadavia, I understand that we need to find your brother so then we can stop him, but may I go and see Akito, Estelle, and Vincent just for a while?" Atticus requested.

"I'm sorry, Atticus, but you remember our deal, we must not stop until my brother is put to rest at last." Zadavia reminded him.

Atticus sighed, he really wished he could see his wife and kids again, he hadn't seen them ever since he was first called which was about a couple of days before Akito first stepped into the Acmetropolis portal.

"It'll be over soon." Cherry assured him.

"I hope you're right, Cherry." Atticus sighed.

"There, there..." Cherry tried to cheer her old friend up a little bit.

"Let's just hope that Optimatus hasn't helped any of the villains escape." Atticus said.

"We can only hope." Zadavia soothed as they moved out, she then pressed a button on her control panel to block out future calls.

Akito was now angry with Zadavia when she hung up on him and he wasn't able to call her back. "Pick up, PICK UP!"

"Uh, bro, are you okay?" Estelle asked.

"No, I'm not okay!" Akito was really frustrated. "I just wanna know why some things are happening and why no one will give me a straight answer!"

"Okay, tell me what this is about right now." Estelle said.

Akito sighed, very aggravated and irritated. "Dad won't tell us about his mission, and Zadavia's apparently out there looking for someone, but none of them will tell me anything!" he groaned in anger and impatience. "Everybody just keeps shutting us out!"

"It is for your own protection..." Felicity reminded.

"I don't care, I just wanna know what's going on and I don't wanna be told that!" Akito snapped.

"Well, hopefully this mission will be able to shed some light." Estelle said.

Akito sighed and buried himself back in his bed.

"Come on, Flick..." Estelle whispered to their cousin and the two girls left Akito alone.

Leo decided to go and comfort his owner. Akito lay back down in his bed, very angry and disappointed with his father and Zadavia, also maybe his aunt.