chapter 23

Finally, the drill burst through underground and Acmetropolis already looked deserted.

"Nice driving, Tech!" Akito cheered once they came out of the drill. "It looks like we're--" he then looked shocked as the citizens looked miserable and there was no city to speak of.

"I think we're a little late." Ace added.

"Talk about an extreme makeover." Duck muttered.

"Dr. Dare's turned our world inside out," Tech reminded them. "We gotta use that gem to reverse it!" he then took out dirt bikes and helmets for everybody.

Felicity reached into her bag and took out a device from her mother's adventure travelling to the year 2015 with the world's first human time traveler.

"What's that?" Estelle asked. "A skateboard without wheels?"

"It is called a hoverboard," Felicity explained, she set hers on the ground and it hovered above the ground. "My mother went on her own adventure in the future with Marty McFly and she packed some for me and friends... Would you guys like a ride?" she asked Akito, Estelle, and Vincent since they didn't have bikes like the other Loonatics.

"Sure." The Fudo siblings said.

Felicity took out three other hoverboards and she got onto the one her mother collected from Marty before he left for college and ran away with his girlfriend, Jennifer Parker. The cousins did their best onto the hoverboards.

"So, how do we use them?" Vincent asked.

"Like any other planche à roulettes," Felicity replied. "Only do not go over water."

"Why?" the Fudo siblings asked.

"Hoverboards do not work over water unless you have power and we do not." Felicity replied before kicking the ground and hovering with her cousins to catch up with the Loonatics and Dr. Dare to stop this madness.

Rev of course rushed to the top on his own as they went up the steep hill. Luckily for the kids, hoverboards strapped over shoes so they wouldn't fall off them while going up to Dr. Dare's new lair.

"Up we go." Akito said.

"Wait, Akito, don't you have powers?" Estelle asked her twin brother. "Along with the ability to fly?"

"I never really flied before..." Akito shrugged as he really liked the hoverboard.

It was too late anyway, they were all up at the top then. The kids got off their hoverboards and then carried them.

"Man, you guys are slow!" Rev joked since he was at the top first.

"Oh, ha ha ha, it is to laugh." Akito said, sarcastically.

The Loonatics parked their bikes and removed their helmets, going for the lair. However, they were faced with yet more rock monsters.

"Oh, great," Ace groaned. "It's the Rockheads again, gang. Guys?" he turned to Slam and Akito. "Teach 'em how it's done."

Slam grinned eagerly and went with Akito to beat down the rock monsters with their strength.

"You can do it, guys!" Estelle cheered.

Slam pounded his fist into one rock monster, but his fist seemed to get stuck and not dissolving the monster in anyway. The monster formed into a different chemical compound, then he and the other monsters used those abilities, pushing the Loonatics away from them. Even the bikes and hoverboards were going off the edge from the strong wind. Slam did a tornado spin and shoved the one rock monster onto the floor, crumbling it. Once he saw the others falling, he rushed to save them.