chapter 51

"Brace yourselves for impact!" Estelle suggested.

"Everyone hang on, we're going down!" Ace called as they were nearly about to crash into the tower.

"Let's hope one of my powers can soften our landing." Vincent said.

"We're doomed!" Duck panicked as usual. "Doomed!"

"Now is not the time to panic." Lexi firmly told him.

"What!?" Duck looked at her like she was crazy. "Now is exactly the time to panic!"

"Yeah!" Slam actually agreed.

Tech did quick calculations about their landing. "Okay, now Vincent!"

Vincent began to use his powers to soften the landing so then they wouldn't crash or die. The jet didn't crash, but did have a slightly rough landing, but not bad enough to scar any of them or the drivers on the road.

"Ah, my pet," Mastermind smirked once she saw the whole thing with the jet coming toward her. "Company has arrived." She then laughed as she changed Tech's technology to use against him and the others.

Ace kept trying to crack the code to get in, but had no such luck. "That lady's locked us outta HQ!"

"Genius..." Tech had to admit.

"Guess we better sneak in." Akito suggested since they had no entry.

"Yeah." Estelle agreed.

And so they did. Once they climbed over, Slam decided to do a tornado spin to help them break in. After the hole was made, they all jumped in. Unfortunately, they were still being spied on by hidden cameras. Rev zipped to a control pad and started to access the buttons. The weapons came out for the Loonatics, but little did they know was that this was apart of Mastermind's plan.

"Okay, enough kid games," Duck sounded determined. "Time to go 'old school'.

"Yeah, time for weapons." Akito said.

"Alright Tech, now you'll see payback is a stump." Mastermind taunted.

"Wait, she's booby-trapped everything!" Tech realized.

It was too late, the weapons already started to rebel against them.

"Oh, come on!" Akito exclaimed.

The weapons tangled arms around their hands.

Akito struggled to get himself free. "Come on, come on..." he grunted, trying to break free, but it seemed very hard on him.

"What has Mastermind done to my babies!?" Tech sounded devastated.

"Um, Tech, why can't we get these weapons off?" Estelle asked.

"Mallory's interfered with them!" Tech was worried now.

Duck lost control of his gun and lasers started to fly around everywhere. Slam's hand cannons seemed to set off as well. Ace shot his laser eyes at his weapon and freed himself. Akito saw this and decided to follow his example. Slam smashed his hands against the wall, freeing his hands. Rev shot with his eyes and zipped to the other side to shoot his own gun to free himself.

"Lexi, let's get these weapons off." Estelle said.

Lexi and Estelle did karate jumps with twirls and bashed their guns against the vents and freed themselves. Duck was still stuck, but he teleported himself out of the gun's shackles.

"What should I do?" Felicity felt stuck no matter what she tried to free herself like the others.

"Did you try to use your unholy strength?" Estelle asked.

"Yes, but it is not strong enough." Felicity frowned.

"Here, let me get that, watch your hands." Akito said to her.

Felicity squeezed her eyes shut, then Akito zapped his laser eyes onto the gun to free his cousin.

"Oh, merci beaucop..." Felicity was very thankful now. "That was killing moi..."

"No prob." Akito said.

"I should've seen this coming," Tech sighed about his inventions going haywire and turning on all of them. "I feel like such a pea brain."

"You're no pea brain, Tech, but it IS time to take your balloon brain girlfriend down!" Vincent replied, determined.

"I heard that." Mastermind smirked as she made an appearance.

A couple of doors opened to show a new room.

"Let's go in here, maybe it'll get us out of sight from the cameras." Estelle suggested.

"I agree with Estelle." Lexi said.

They walked in the room, trying to be careful and quiet.

"There's an elevator shaft behind this heat generator." Tech whispered to them. He then put his hands on the door, trying to reach the button and as he did, the doors opened to show the shaft.

"Nice going, Tech." Akito nodded to the coyote.

Tech dialed the buttons, but when he did, a metal shield came over the door, trapping them.

"Is it getting hot in here or am I just crazy!?" Mastermind mocked as she locked them in the heat.

"You're right on both of those, Balloon Head!" Estelle retorted.

Slam attempted to break them out, but when he did a tornado spin, it knocked him right back against the generator. "Owch!"

"I'm hacking into the security coordinate," Tech went to work on the computer. "But it's gonna take some time!"

"Can you hurry?" Duck grew frantic. "In a minute, I'm gonna be Crispy Fried Duck!"

"Almost got it!" Tech reassured.

"Almost doesn't cut it, dog face!" Mastermind mocked.

Suddenly, there was a huge explosion.

"Brace yourselves!" Vincent exclaimed.