chapter 6

Estelle and Akito quickly went back with the Loonatics and hopefully would be back in time in order to stop the new Ice Age from even beginning.

'I have a feeling we're going to beat these robot guys.' Akito thought while they were made their way to the planetary power grid.

The power was going out through the city. The robot vikings must have just made it to the power grid. Luckily Akito, Estelle, and the Loonatics were able to still fly over with their hover motorcycles.

"Too bad we don't have night vision like Aunt Cherry..." Estelle sighed.

"Don't worry, just follow our lead!" Ace commanded.

"Yes, sir!" Akito saluted before looking to the coyote. "Tech, look, if we can get one of the vikings' head,s we can reprogram it and change them from ice to heat and then use it against the rest of the robot vikings."

"That makes sense... We better hop to it." Tech agreed with the boy.

Soon, they all landed and could stop the robot vikings.

There was ice scattered on the floor and the power grid was going wacky due to the decrease in temperatures.

"Eh, what's up, horn heads?" Ace greeted with an evil grin to the bad guys, of course, not being really evil himself.

"FREEZE THEM!" the head viking robot commanded.

"You picked the wrong planet to invade!" Akito and Estelle called in unison, looking angry with their Loonatic friends.

The robot vikings went after them and the Loonatics sprung into action as always.

"Come at me, big boy." Estelle said to one of the robot vikings while taunting.

One of the robot vikings came for the girl, mocking her small size and that she was so feminine.

"Come on, you overgrown trash cans, show me what you got." Lexi grinned as one was about to charge at her with an axe.

Estelle smirked, she was really going to show these vikings up. She even began to blow some raspberries at the robot viking and then began to use her ballet skills to beat him. One robot came up behind her. Lexi saw this and used her laser eyes against the robot and Estelle jumped in the air, kicking her leg up while holding it and landed back on the floor gently. Now that was teamwork.

Duck was a little nervous as a couple of robot vikings ganged up on him, but he used his teleportation to confuse them and then tackled one to the ground. He laughed in victory, then teleported again as the other robot tried to use his ice powers, but ended up freezing the other robot and threw fire blasts at them. "Come on, come on... How hard is it to freeze-fry a duck?" he taunted them.

"Is he always like this?" Estelle asked Lexi, referring to Duck.

"Pretty much." Lexi rolled her eyes.

The two robots rammed their heads together and fell flat on the floor, destructing. Tech and Ace set a plan together, then parted once the robots came with their weapons, but of course, missing the Loonatics. Slam had his turn and set his tornado spin as Lexi dodged ice blasts with Estelle, the two were getting along like the sisters they both never had.

Akito joined Tech's side to help him with reprogramming the robot viking's head. The robot viking leader seemed stronger than Slam as it was able to literally blow Slam away with his powers, making him hit the wall. Lexi and Estelle kept missing the ice blasts while Tech and Akito set to work on the helmet head.

Ace was surrounded. "Guys... Please tell me you're almost ready!" he called to the coyote and human boy.

"You can't rush genius." Tech and Akito said while they were still working on reprogramming the robot viking.

Ace grunted and started to 'break the ice' with the robot vikings and blasted them with his lasers.

"I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU, BUNNY!" the lead robot viking growled as he lifted his blade, about to strike him down.

Ace saw the electrifying power grid, he then hopped up, bent himself back and kicked his legs up to smash against the robot viking and make him fly back several feet. Finally, the two finished.

"Got it, Ace!" Tech called once he and Akito were finally done with their assignment.

"Tech, can I do the honors?" Akito asked.

Tech could tell what he meant, but didn't want him to do it all alone. Tech flinched for Akito as the heat energy blasts were shaking all around the viking robot helmets. It was just enough until they hit the power grid and shattered the ice prison it was once trapped in for good. The ice was no more and the power came back on all over Acmetropolis. Ace, Lexi, Akito, and Estelle cheered in victory. Ace even seemed to hug Lexi and she hugged back, but the two pulled back with a slight blush to each other.

"Aw Akito," Duck whined as the robot vikings were defeated. "I was just about to let 'em have it!"

"Yeah, yeah, anyways, great work, Tech," Akito looked up to his right only to see no one there and then looked down having a bad feeling. "Um, Tech, you okay?" He then picked up the helmet.

"Good work, kid..." Tech murmured as he was reduced to a pile of goo with blinking eyes.

After the mission, Akito and Estelle went back to their aunt.

"Yes, yes, very good, you saved the day in the future of 600 years from now," Cherry said as she folded her arms slightly. "We need to get you two home now."

"Aw, Aunt Cherry, can't we stay?" Akito pouted. "We'd make great Loonatics!"

"I guess it's up to that glowing chick..." Cherry shrugged.

"Her name is Zadavia." Akito said.

"We'll have to meet her at the tower." Duck informed.

"We're coming too." Cherry said firmly.