The Dragon's Call: Meeting Gaius

Start from the beginning

"Me too," I said.

"Are you lying to me, girl," Gaius asked me narrowing his eyes at me.

I was in complete shock. I looked at Merlin who was holding my hand for comfort. "What do you want us to say," I asked.

"The truth," screamed Gaius.

Merlin couldn't take it anymore. "We were born like this!" He looked back at me and thought "I'm sorry Sam. I don't know what else to say."

I smiled and thought back, "It's ok bro. I don't know what to do either."

"That's impossible! Who are you," said Gaius turning out attention back to him. I remember in the show Merlin was supposed to hand Gaius the letter that Mom wrote.

"Merlin, the letter," I whispered.

Merlin eyes widen when he heard me. "Oh, right." He pulled the letter out of his backpack. "I have this letter."

Gaius takes the letter but he was looking for something. "I don't have my glasses."

"I'm Merlin and this is my sister Samantha," he said.

"Sam, actually. I like to be called Sam," I said.

Gaius' eyes looked at us in shock. "Hunith's son and daughter?"

Merlin smiled when Gaius finally recognized us. I'm surprised he knows me.

"Yes," said Merlin.

"That's us," I said.

Gaius looked confused for some reason. "But you're not meant to be here till Wednesday!"

I remember this part and looked at Merlin. "He's joking right," I thought to Merlin.

"It is Wednesday," said Merlin.

"You think he's ok," I whispered to Merlin. Merlin just smiled and laughs.

Gaius laughed at himself for being so forgetful. "Ah. Right, then. You better put your bag in there."

Merlin and I started to walk upstairs, but we both stopped to ask Gaius not to reveal our magic.

"Gaius, please don't..." I looked for Merlin to ask him to help me.

"You, you won't say anything about," asked Merlin.

Gaius smiled at us and answered, "No." I sighed in relief but I knew he wasn't finished. "Although, Merlin and Sam, I should say thank you."

We smiled at him and walked to our room. Merlin and I opened the door to our new room. I picked the bed near the window. I decided to open my backpack to see what was in it. There were cloths, food, and a sketchbook with a pencil. For some reason, the sketchbook looked like the one I have at home. Is that the one I have back in my real home? I opened the book and looked through the sketches. They were actually like the picture I drew back at home. There were sketches of mountains, the brook, and more. One picture I stopped were a picture of my sister Courtney. She was playing her violin when I drew her. I started to cry remembering what the last thing she said to me was.

"I wish you were never my sister!" she said.

I felt an arm wrapped around my shoulder. I looked up to see Merlin sadly smiling at me.

"You ok," he asked.

"Yeah, just remembering something," I said.

He looked down at the picture of my sister and smiled.

"I remember this picture," he said. I was in shock. Does he know Courtney? Of course not, but then why did he remember the picture? He smiled at me and said, "You said you had a dream about a girl like her and you immediately drew her so you can remember her." I sighed and smiled back at him. I looked back at the picture and I slowly lowered my eyes to sleep. I felt a blanket covering over me and a kiss on my head. "Goodnight, little sis," I heard Merlin whispered in my ear.

I woke up when I felt the sun hitting my face. I looked around the room all confused. Where am I? This isn't my room. I looked at the bed next to mine to see a boy sleeping. Oh right, I'm in the show "Merlin." Merlin slowly opens his eyes to see me looking at him.

"Morning princess," he said.

"Morning bro," I said to him.

We got up, got dress and walked into the room where Gaius is in.

"I got you water. You didn't wash last night," said Gaius.

"Sorry," Merlin said.

"No wonder you stink," I said to him.

He glared at me but I still couldn't help but to laugh.

"Help yourself to breakfast," said Gaius.

Merlin sits down to eat watery porridge. I looked disgusted.

"This is breakfast," I whispered to Merlin.

I looked at Gaius and I knew what he was about to do. Gaius purposely knocks a cup and a bucket of water off the table. Merlin stands up and stops the bucket while I stop the cup. Gaius gasps and we were look at him. Merlin and I lost our concentration and let the bucket and cup drop to the floor. The bucket spilled water everywhere.

Gaius looked at us with amazement. "How did you do that? Did you incant a spell in your mind?"

Merlin shakes his head at him. "I don't know any spells."

"So what did you do? There must be something. What about you Sam? Did you incant a spell in your mind," Gaius asked me.

"No, it just happens," I said.

Merlin went to get a mop to clear it up the water on the ground while I picked up the cup. Surprising the mop has a wooden stick.

Gaius raised his eye brows but shrugged it off. "Well, we better keep you both out of trouble. You can help me until I find some paid work for you. Here" He hands Merlin a small sac and bottle. "Hollyhock and Feverfew for Lady Percival, and this is for Sir Olwin. He's as blind as a weevil, so warn him not to take it all at once," he said to us.

I nodded my head and said, "Will do Gaius."

Gaius stops us again. "And here." He hands us our sandwiches for our lunch. We smiled and thanked him. "Off you two go. And one more thing you two! I need hardly tell you that the practice of any form of enchantments will get you killed."

I nodded my head and walked out the door with Merlin.

And there you have it. Next part will be up soon. Please vote, review, and until then...

Grapejuice101