Chapter 38

"Welcome beautiful Ladies and Handsome Gentlemen! Welcome, to the Host Club Parent Ball!!! We are very glad you're here, my princess, and hope we can dance all night under the stars with you," Tamaki ended as my part started, "And, my dashing Prince, my knight in shining armor, I hope that you and I can also spend an evening under the stars. So welcome, my loves, the the Host Club Parent Ball!" Kyo grabbed my hand as soon as my speech ended, and everyone was clapping and cheering and getting ready to dance and mingle.

As soon as Kyo and I entered the dance floor, he got into formal dancing position and said, "Whoever messes up the least wins. Go." And with that, we danced liked never before.

"One."

"Shut up, asshole."

"Dammit!"

"Ha! One for you, too, my love."

"Two for you, my lovely Rin."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

As soon as the word left my mouth we stopped dancing and headed for Mr.Ootori, who had just arrived.

"Kyouya. Rin." He stared at us hostilely, as if just waiting for us to mess up. I gripped Kyo's hand tighter.

"Mr. Ootori." I threatened him silently, daring him to embarrass Kyo or I in front of the guests.

"Father." Kyo bowed, greeting his father like he was the fucking queen of England or some shit.

And then it was tense.

Very tense.

Mr. and Mrs. Hitachiin must have noticed, because at that moment they decided to come over.

I gripped Kyo's hand tighter than ever before and he put his other arm around my waist protectively.

"Rin, dear, it seems as if the next dance is starting, would you do me the honor?"

"Of course, love, lets go dance." And right as Kyo was going to lead me away, my ex-parents decided to strike up conversation.

My breathing quickened.
My pulse skyrocketed.
My vision blurred.
My hands shook.

I leant heavily on Kyo, and he must have noticed, because he rubbed small circles in my back, turning us around to face them.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Hitachiin. How are you?"

"Well, how are you, son?"

"Pretty well, although it seems as if my fiancé isn't, so please excuse us." Normally, I would've spoke out or pinched Kyo for coming up with something like that, but I couldn't even breathe.

"Fiancé, hm? Introduce us to the poor girl, Kyouya." My ex-mother mocked, teasing us, and I could feel Kyo's patience wearing thin.

"I really mustn't, she isn't well, maybe another time?" And that was the final word. Kyo quickly moved me away, and I calmed almost instantly.

"I'm so sorry, Rin. I really am. I was trying so hard to avoid them, and I just really wanted you to be okay, and I'm so sorry oh god, Rin-" Kyo rarely rambled, but when he did, I knew he was stressed and upset.

"Kyo, I'm okay. We're okay. Let's go dance, okay?"

And off we went.

Parents off our minds, we danced like never before, and as the spotlight landed on us, I didn't notice, I was too busy noticing just how much I love Kyouya Ootori.