Chapter 20 - Home

It was only a week till Niall would be shipped off to Bangkok and the Building was now surrounded by almost fifteen thousand people, all chanting and yelling to let Niall free. It made world news and Niall was soon becoming an icon for millions.

The hospital was evacuated for safety and Niall was held up in his room with Zayn, who they allowed to be around at all hours of the day, to keep the other man calm. Not that Zayn complained. He got to see Ezra, and that was all that mattered. He wanted to see that happy little face every day of his life, wanted to kiss the infants forehead a million times ad nuzzle up to him.

That was one of his favorite things. Sleeping with the child on his chest, breathing evenly against his skin while Niall wrapped his body around the both, pressing his face to the baby’s and matching his breaths.

Zayn liked to watch his little family. He like to hold them close and offer them refuge because they made him feel like an alpha, and that’s what being a leader was all about. Protecting the ones he cared about.

It was a weekend so Liam spent most of the time at the Hospital, along with Louis and Harry, who offend sat in the room with Niall and the baby while Liam took Zayn out for fresh air, he needed that. Just like now, as he sat on the roof, peering down at the thousands of people who camped out.

He sniffed the air and let his body cool, stretching his tired limbs and groaning like a puppy.

"Ready to go back in, bud?" Liam offered. He had warmed up to Zayn now-a-days. He saw the goodness and protectiveness he had for his family. Liam admired that about him.

"C'mon, Zee." Liam took the wolf boy by his arm and walked him inside, nurses smiling at him.

"See Niall?" Zayn wondered as he skipped down the hallways to Niall’s hospital room. "Sure Zee," Liam laughed and caught up with him, opening Niall’s door and letting him in. "Niall!" Zayn cheered and jumped on the bed, careful not to disturb the baby sleeping in his arms. "There you are," Niall smiled, kissing Zayn’s plump lips. "Ezra missed his daddy." Niall chuckled, handing the baby over to Zayn who stared at him like he was from another world.

Just then, the door creaked open and a doctor poked in, waving a hand to Liam and gesturing him over. "Uhm...There’s someone here to see you, sir." Liam nodded and followed the man out of the room.

Liam walked down the hallway until he reached the front desk of that ward and a few men in black ties stood. "Sir, due to the public outcry, we can no longer hold you brother and higher authority’s insist he is returned to his home, along with his child, as soon as possible. We would like to apologies for the inconvenience, but you are free to take your brother home at any time."

Liam’s eyes bugged out of his head as he watched the enraged men walk away, leaving the lad to his thoughts.

The first one being to run back to his little brother and tell him the great news.

So he did.

He ran all the way back and slammed the door open, stirring the baby in Zayn’s arms. "You can come home, Ni! We get to go home!" He cheered.

Niall almost screamed.

Home...He gets to go home. He got out of this. He gets to go home and sleep in his own bed, with his boyfriend and his little boy without the worry in the back of his mind. Home...Huh. He wondered how it would be different, how his life was going to change after this.

But he didn’t care...because they got to move on with their lives. Maybe taking Zayn home that day wasn’t a bad idea after all.

~*~

Paperwork...tones and tones of paper work before Niall could be released. And now, they stood at the front doors of the hospital as Niall prepared himself for the crowd. Would they support him? Cheer him on? Ezra was nuzzled safely in his arms, eyes open and staring at his surroundings curiously.

"Ready?" Liam asked, linking arms with Zayn as to hold onto him in the crowd of people. "As I'll ever be." Niall sighed, taking his first step to freedom with his family around him. Louis and Harry stood beside Niall, gawking at little Ezra, keeping his attention elsewhere.

The minute they walked outside, their world erupted in cheers.

News copters hovered overhead, men with cameras snapped photos and thousands stood in the middle of the road, holding signs that read ' Free Niall' and 'congratulations'.

Today, Niall was free, but then again, would he ever really be? People knew his name now, knew his story...He wouldn’t be able to go in public without everyone stopping him.

Even Ezra was in danger. People would come to steal him, take their precious baby away. Niall didn’t want that.

But he was grateful, they won him his freedom. He owed the people around him everything. Without them, he would be on his way to Bangkok by now. He would be a test subject for no reason other than figure out he has a fucking uterus. Woohoo, modern science.

"Niall we love you!" A few girls screamed and Zayn got confused. He was the only one aloud to love Niall! Niall was his!

So, as any wolf would, Zayn growled at them, stomping a foot. "It’s okay babe, shh." Niall hushed, kissing his cheek and leading him away from the grabbing hands, held off by gates. Their path to the car was cleared and they made it through with manual heair pulls.

At last, home was in sight.

Home...