Chapter 18 - Little Strange Thing Called Family

Niall wondered the halls of the hospital seeming building aimlessly. Mrs. Anderson, the nurse that watched over Ezra when he wasn’t aloud to be with Niall, let him out of that drab room offend if he stayed in that hallway. Niall liked walking around and talking to the doctors, they were nice to him and treated him kindly.

          They even cared for Niall. Asked how he was feeling, or if he’s breasts where sore and if he said yes, one gave him a pup to relive the dull ache of too much milk. Usually, he would have Zayn to relive him of that, but he didn’t, so the stupid pump would do.

          But now, He was aching again and waiting to Ezra checkup to end before he could feed him. Ezra had to have checkups every day. They were watching for any illnesses that might cause trouble in Bangkok.

      When they were finally done, Mrs. Anderson came out, the baby wrapped in blue and smiled at Niall. "Here you are doll," She smiled, handing the baby to Niall who took him carefully. "Thank you Mrs. Anderson, don’t know what I'd do without you." He chuckled.

        He stood there for a moment, gazing over his baby as to make sure he was still in one piece. "You’re a good dad, Niall." Mrs. Anderson patted his shoulder and walked back to her desk while Niall walked back to his room, leaving the door slightly ajar while he pulled his shirt off, draping a blanket over him and leaning against the wall while Ezra nursed, sweet little sounds humming from his lips that made Niall smile.

          He whimper and burped around Niall’s nipple, signaling that he was done and Niall bent the baby over his shoulder, burping him, letting him spit up quite a bit before wiping his mouth and letting feed again, filling his little belly.

         Niall smiled down at him before crunching his nose. "Ew, Ezra little man, you stink bud." Niall chuckled, reaching onto the dresser beside him and grabbing a dipper and wipes, changing his son and throwing the dirty dipper down the small trash shoot in his room. "All clean," He baby talked, tickling Ezra’s fat belly. "Da baby's all clean!" He laughed, blowing a raspberry on the baby’s stomach.

         Ezra was now three weeks old and had just recently lost the tip to his umbilical cord, which stayed behind after it was cut.

           Niall chuckled and kissed the babies forehead before picking him up and carrying him out of the room, down the hall till he stopped at Mrs. Anderson's desk. "By any chance can I use the phone? I want to call my family..." Niall asked and the nurse nodded, handing the phone to Niall who smiled gratefully.

         Niall was lucky they let him use the phone; they treated him so nice over here. He dialed the house number and it begun to ring before he hear his brother’s familiar voice. "Hello?" He coughed like he was coming down with something. "Li-Li?" Niall giggled, handing Ezra over to one of the doctors who looked around Liam’s age, maybe older.

         "Niall?!" Liam yelled rather loudly and he could hear muffled whimpers int eh background. "Yeah it’s me...I just...wanted to let you know I'm doing well. There really nice over here and said I'm aloud to have visitors. Do you think...Maybe you could bring Zayn in? I'm sure he would like to see Ezra..."

        There was heavy breathing on the other end and he knew that Liam was trying to proses this all. "W-Where are you?" He asked and Niall looked at Mrs. Anderson.