Chapter 25

Camila's POV

I nuzzled my face into Lauren's neck, giving it a feather light kiss. Her arm was wrapped tightly around me as I laid my head against her chest, listening to her strong heartbeat.

I had missed being with her. I hadn't seen her for 3 entirely long weeks because her dad basically had her on lockdown. I didn't have a chance of sneaking in without being caught by him. I had to settle with quick FaceTime calls. It felt like we were in a long distance relationship yet we were so close.

"I missed you so much." I sighed, scraping her abdominal muscles with my nails. "Me too, love." She replied, kissing me on the forehead.

"You're so warm. I missed cuddling you my big teddy bear." She laughed, looking down at me with adoring eyes.

"I missed cuddling you too my little koala bear." I smiled, laughing lightly at the nickname as I bit my lip.

"How's your mom?" I carefully asked the green eyed girl, knowing that was still a sensitive subject.

"She's getting better. Doctor's say the coma is helping her improve in strength everyday." I felt the corner of my lips turn upward at hearing the news. Her mom was going to be alright.

"Lolo?" I asked, breaking Lauren from her thoughts.

"Have you decided on a college yet?" I glanced up at her and she bit her lip, obviously in deep thought.

"I have, yes." Was all she said, I frowned at her vague statement. "And what have you decided?" I questioned further, she stared at me and got out of my embrace.

She sat up in the bed, placing her feet on the floor. "Can we not talk about this?" She sighed, I was puzzled.

"Why can't we? I really want to know your thoughts babe." I heard her breathe in deeply and get up from the bed.

"Look Camz, I honestly don't feel like talking about college. I haven't seen you in forever and I just want to lay down and cuddle with you, no taking about school or sports." I nodded, bowing my head.

"I just missed you and want to spend as much time with as I can before my dad comes back, okay baby." I looked up and stared into her beautiful green eyes.

"Okay," I said before scooting over so she could get back in the bed. She stayed in her spot for a second before sighing and sitting on the edge of the bed.

"What's on your mind baby?" I asked placing my hand on her back soothingly. She let out a sigh and shook her head.

"It's nothing. Really..." Lauren said softly.

"Okay..." I laid back down and looked up at the ceiling.

Letting out a deep sigh, Lauren spoke up, "I don't like this new school. Everyone there is rich and up tight. The uniforms are ugly and extremely uncomfortable. The basketball coach, your dad was hard on me but, this coach does not let up," Lauren got up and started pacing, something she always did while ranting, "your dad wanted me to succeed and was protecting you of course he was going to be hard. I'm dating his daughter but I could tell it was out of love. This coach is just a bitch, and a female. Women coaches don't care if you have cramps or what ever it might be. Oh and the "star" of the team she's some stuck up bitch I want to punch in the face every time I see her cocky ass shoot a perfectly arched three. God this school is unbearable." She ranted, her face turning slightly red.