Chapter 24

Camila was so happy to be back in the states and breathe Miami's fresh air. Sure, she loved being in Cuba with her family and she had a great time but she was happy to be home. Like they say, there's no place like home.

She hadn't spoken to her girlfriend or her friends for an entire week because as soon as they landed in Cuba, her parents took away her phone so she wouldn't be distracted from her family. She wasn't mad or upset about it, she just hated she couldn't talk to her girlfriend for a week, other than that, she was perfectly fine without a cellphone.

As soon as they hit Miami Airlines, Camila made sure to get her phone back from her mother who knew that 17 year old would be excited to contact her girlfriend.

As soon as she got her phone and turned it on, there were dozens of notifications popping up but the odd thing about it was, she didn't see any from her girlfriend. Not even one "I miss you". She frowned but opened her girlfriend's contact.

To: lolo❤️🏀- baby! im back home and i
i missed u sooooo much. can u come by later?

Camila only asked if Lauren could come by later because of Lauren's father. She knew how icky that situation would be if he was ever to find out about them or about her. Little did she know.

Camila locked her phone, waiting for a text message from her one and only. She hopped in the truck with her family and they made their way back home.

As soon as Camila reached the threshold of her house, she immediately dropped her bags and flopped on the couch, her little sister not following far behind.

The two young girls' father walked in and shook his head and chuckled at his two adorable daughters. They were so much alike yet so different at the same time and he loved that about them.

Sofi's little body was curled into her sister's along the couch. Camila didn't mind when Sofi decided she wanted cuddle time, she loved spending time with the little one even if it was just cuddling on the couch.

She was pretty tired from her flight, all of the Cabellos were.

Once she didn't receive a text from Lauren, she decided it was time to take a nap. Lauren would probably text her by the time she woke up.

She closed her eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep.

By the time she woke up, it was dark outside. She had slept for like 8 hours but she didn't care, she felt well rested.

She grabbed her phone off of the living room table. She looked at her notifications and none were from Lauren, they were all from her friends.

She decided to not think to much of it. She went upstairs to her room, getting some clothes out so she could go shower.

She picked out one of Lauren's big t-shirts because it smelled like her and a pair of night shorts.

After she was done with her 30 minute shower, she went downstairs to spend some quality time with her family.

Her mom and dad were in the kitchen cooking, while Sofi was  sitting  on the living room floor with her coloring book and crayons on the table.

"Mind if I join you?" Camila asked the 6 year old. Sofi nodded and scooted over, handing Camila a coloring book and some crayons.

They sat and watched Gravity Falls, which was Sofi and Camila's favorite show, while they colored and laughed at the cartoon.

Lauren's POV

Lauren had been miserable this last week. She had accidentally came out to her father while she was drunk and he's done nothing but make her life a living hell, like it was any better before that.