Chapter 5

Lauren's POV

I walked through the door of my house with a smile on my face, the one Camila Cabello caused. It hasn't even been 30 minutes and I already miss that beautiful smile of hers.

She really helped me, and in more ways than one.

She would tutor me again on Saturday after our morning basketball practice. Coach makes us practice every Saturday at 8 am, he's been doing that since he starting coaching us in my sophomore year. He wants us to be in tip-top shape for the season.

I may be benched but that's not going to stop me from coming to the practices, I am still captain and it's my obligation. Plus, I don't mind practicing but I hate I that can't play but at least the other girls on the team get to shine a little.

I walked quietly into the living room where my dad was sitting on the couch watching the television. I wonder what he was doing in the living room this late, he's usually in his study.

I walked past him but his voice stopped me. "Where were you? It's late." He said monotone, not even glancing at me.

"I was getting tutored." I answered simply. "For what?" He asked, I gripped my backpack strap. Like he doesn't already know. "Chemistry." He turned towards me and smiled. He got up from his position on the couch and walked towards me.

"Good," he patted my should and then gripped it, a little too tightly. "You need all the help you can get. We can't let that one silly little grade mess you up now can we?" I clenched my jaw, giving him a fake smile and nodded. The force of his hand on my shoulder tightened, causing pain to ache in the region. I nearly whimpered at the roughness but I needed to show him that I was tough, I had to be.

He let go, which I was more than relieved of. I began walking upstairs when his voice called out to me. "Oh and Lauren," I turned towards him, "Yes?" I questioned, wondering what he wanted.

"Don't ever let this happen again." He said sternly. He walked away towards his and my mom's room.

I wonder what he meant by that. Don't be late coming home? Or letting my grade drop, messing up my potential basketball playing.

I'm gonna go with the latter, he could care less about me coming home late. As soon as I heard his door close, I made it to my room and kicked my shoes off along with my backpack and hoodie.

I belly flopped on my bed and closed my eyes, taking in a large breath of air. I flipped over and laid on my back, looking up at the ceiling. I'm pretty sure the place where my dad gripped my shoulder might bruise a little, he was squeezing it too tightly.

I heard my phone buzz and pulled it out of my pocket, who could be texting me? My lips curved upward into a smile once I realized who it was texting me. It was none other than the girl of my dreams.

Camz🎀- did u make it home safely?

Me- Yes, safe and sound. Thanks for asking. :)

Camz🎀- no problemo, sofi says hi.

I giggled, what is that little girl still doing up?

Me- Tell my little Sofster I said hi and to go to bed or I will come and tickle her to death.

I got up from my bed and walked into the bathroom, I stripped out of my clothes into some pajama pants. Before I slipped on a t-shirt I looked at my shoulder, there was already a bruise forming. I sighed and pulled on one of my little brother's t-shirts, which were big and very comfy.

I washed my face and brushed my teeth before leaving the bathroom and slipping into my bed. I grabbed my tv remote and turned on the television.

Camz🎀- she said whatever and stuck her tongue out haha, anyways, what r u doing?