Chapter 17

Camila's POV

I'm in 3rd period and I can't stop thinking about Lauren. She actually asked me to be her girlfriend last night and I couldn't be any happier.

I already thought we were pretty exclusive since we were only seeing each other. We had gone on a couple of dates and I was sure we were dating but she actually made it official last night and put a title on it.

I hadn't seen or heard from her at all today and I was kind of getting worried. It wasn't like her to go all day without speaking to me.

Well it was honestly hasn't been all day but when you like someone as much as I like Lauren it kind of feels that way.
She usually sends me a good morning text but today I didn't get one and that was kind of odd. I always look forward to her morning messages, they do crazy things to my heart.

The bell rang signaling that class was over and I quickly rushed out of my 3rd period into the busy hallway.

I was about to go and call Lauren but I saw her younger brother rounding the corner and thought I might as well ask him.

I hurriedly walked around the corner to see Chris opening up his locker which was right by my 4th period class. I easily slid beside him and tapped his shoulder.

He gave me the famous 'Jauregui' smile that both him and his sisters seemed to posses. I know for a fact that smile made all the girls swoon, even me and I'm gay.

"Hey Chris," I smiled at the sophomore boy.

"Hey Mila," he greeted, opening his locker and switching his books out. Once he switched his books, he closed his locker and started walking towards the cafeteria.

"Can I ask you a question?" He nodded as I took my bottom lip between my teeth.

"Is Lauren okay?" Chris looked at me surprised and cleared his throat while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Um, why wouldn't she be okay? Well besides our Mom's situation?" He asked.

"Well, I haven't seen her or she hasn't spoken to me all day." I revealed as he nodded.

"Oh yeah, she did say she wasn't feeling good this morning so she decided to stay at home." I nodded, getting the information I needed.

"Okay, thanks Chris!" He saluted me before entering the cafeteria. I turned around and headed back to my class.

After an hour of boring government, class finally ended and I was so happy to escape hell with that awful teacher.

I met with my friends in the cafeteria to tell them that I wasn't going to eat with them today.

"Where you going Mila?" Dinah asked with a mouthful of burger causing me to laugh at her awful manners.

"I'm going to go and check on my girlfriend." I stated, causing everyone's eyes to go wide at the revelation.

"Girlfriend? Mila!" Hailee squealed as I felt my cheeks heat up. I nodded, swaying side to side. Just saying she was my girlfriend out loud felt great, it also had a nice ring to it.

I heard Dinah say something about 'camren' but I couldn't really understand her with the amount of food she had in her mouth.

I laughed at the Polynesian before grabbing my bag and exiting the cafeteria. I stopped at my house quickly to grab a few things and I stopped at an ice cream parlor.

I made it to Lauren's house in no time. I hopped out of my car and walked to the door, knocking on it.

There was no response so I decided to see if the door was unlocked and it was.  I quietly opened it and made my way upstairs which I presumed Lauren's room to be.