"I can't believe my brother actually likes you." He hisses, "you single handedly destroyed our pack and yet everyone here seems to be glad that you have that stupid rock on your finger." He stands up and my wolf pushes herself up.

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"Everyone likes you and it turns out you're next in line to be the top Alpha. That was my spot!" He snaps at me and his eyes seem to be a gateway to the inner battle he is having with his wolf.

Is he challenging you?

I can see why she thought that. Zeke is trying to stand taller than me not in his physical sense but his wolf is trying to rise above mine.

"Zeke calm down," I say as calming as possible.

"Calm down? You took everything from me. You took the only thing that mattered to me," he spats at me.

"I did no such thing and if that's all that matters to you I think you need to rearrange your priorities." I hiss at him and my body fills with goose bumps.

"I am no longer the beta!" He screams at me as a vein in his forehead protrudes and his breathing is becoming harsh, "you should have stayed with that pathetic pack of yours."

Let me rip his head off! My wolf snarls and I push her down but it seems to be a losing battle.

"Why the hell is that my fault?" I say though tight lips.

"Because you made my alpha step down and thus making me lose my ranking."

"Then stop bitching and earn it back," I yell at him and the small gleam in his eyes is gone. He is not Zeke anymore. He gave himself to his animal self.

Silver!

Fight him Melany or else a lot of people are going to get hurt.

I can't.

Zeke is still in his human form but any trace of his human self is out of his eyes. I stare at him shocked when the speed of light his hand flies to me. The back of his hand connects with my cheek. My teeth bite down on the inside of my cheek and my body flings to the side.

"Melany!" It is Andrew and I do not want him to get into this. Zeke's dark eyes look around lost not sure of what to do.

Melany.

My blood oozes in my mouth. I spit out hating the taste of rust in my mouth.

He needs a release. I know what to do but I also know it is going to hurt like hell. Zeke moves towards the rest of the people that are shocked as well staring at him. I hear some of the male's growl aggressively towards him and a fight in the castle is not a good idea especially with everyone so close.

The door opens and Zeke's eyes darts in that direction I take my chance. I run at Zeke my entire body slamming into him and we both stagger back. My mind is aiming for the window he needs to get out of here. Zeke's back crashes into the window and it appears fragile as it shatters before us. The pieces come down on us as Zeke tries to keep himself balanced. I am a good two feet away from him and my hand stretches out to push him out the window. He needs to be in the forest to fight off his demons. As my hands press on his back he surprises me by turning around and grabbing my arm.

"No!" I yell at him but it is too late.

"Melany!" Hunter screams as the wind rushes pass me and my body flings forward and out the window with Zeke below me, his voice registers with me just as my body falls out the window. Zeke is shifting before me his claws digging to my skin.

"Let go!" I growl at him quietly as all the wind is push out of me and the ground is coming closer making my fear get the best of me.

Shift Melany.

I know that it will hurt less in my wolf form as Zeke is doing but I cannot bring myself to shift. The feeling of terror and helplessness is not allowing me to shift.

Falling seems to make everything move in slow motion in my head I can see Zeke's body tremble even in the air and I can also see the ground getting closer but there is nothing I can do.

Damn it, protect your head! Silver yells at me and I listen to her my arms wrap around my head and my eyes shut close.

I feel and hear everything. My breath escaping me as my body connects with the ground, the cracking of bones as my side takes the hardest hit. My head bounces off my arms and my body turns a couple times as it comes to a full stop.

"Fuck!" My arms fall to the sides as my eyes try to focus. The starry night sky is before me like a huge dark blanket with painted on specks of white.

Has there always been this many stars or am I seeing double?

Get up!

Everything hurts. I whine at Silver.

Melany you have to get up. Zeke isn't his usual charming self.

Zeke! My head falls to the side and I am staring at the baring teeth of Zeke. His tongue darts out as it swipes the front of his teeth.

I'm in some deep shit!

"Melany!" Hunter screams from above and all I want to be is back in my room with him.