35

After our meal we all head back to the ballroom which is relief to me since the pressure of everyone staring at me eases a bit.

Derek is sitting back on his throne as I take a seat with my pack members. There are couples dancing away on the dance floor and I watch as they gracefully move around as if they are all in sync. The dance seems rehearsed in a way but it is so beautifully graceful that I cannot take my eyes off of the dancers. I have this feeling that someone is staring at me and I fight the feeling of look in that direction but I ultimately lose that battle.

The twins are by his side once again. I see that one of them is staring at me and there is a twitch of a smile playing at the corner of his lip. He looks at me as a man looks at a girl that he is interested in. A plan starts forming in my wolf's mind. "Hunter, I'm going to find out why Derek wants me here," my lips stay tight so that no one can see that I am talking to him.

"How?" He nearly yells at me with a confused expression on his face and I glare at him giving him a 'keep it down' stare.

"The twin," my head nods towards him secretly Hunter nods and sighs. I get up and take a deep breath.

What are you doing?

Stop butting in before I lose my nerve.

Andrew leaves my mind and I walk towards Derek. I walk throw the dancefloor with confidence but it is mostly my wolf keeping me calm. Derek's eyebrow lifts as he takes me in and I make sure that I stare at him as well. A grin is growing on his lips as I make my way to him.

Once before him I bow my head a bit and I see that both Derek and the twin are staring at me. "Is it too much to ask for a dance?" I say as sweetly as possible which comes surprisingly easy to me.

"Of course not," Derek is about to get up when I motion him to stop.

"Come on then," I look at the twin and his eyes narrow and he looks at his alpha. Derek positions himself back into his seat and looks flustered for a moment.

"Well don't leave the woman waiting," Derek snaps.

"Yes master."

Master? Master! He's your alpha not your master.

My wolf is growling up a storm in my head but I ignore her.

The twin comes to me and offers his elbow to me. I take it and he whisks me away to the dance floor. He is very formal keeping his hand high on my back and my arm raised high as well he is graceful as well.

"Hey," I give him a smile, "I'm Melany Blake."

He nods as he spins us around, "I know who you are Alpha Blake." His voice is much deeper than I would expect from his soft face he seems less of threat now that he is away from Derek.

"Call me Melany," I try to gain some trust from him.

"Sorry but you are an alpha and I will treat you as such," his eyes dart to Derek who is eyeing us like a hawk

I wonder if Derek is listening in.

I wouldn't doubt that.

"And you are?" I ask innocently beaming at him.

"Calvin Ferdinand, Omega to Alpha Derek Storm, at your service."

"I thought you were his beta," I shrug as he twirls me around.

"That would be my brother Zeke he's the beta." He sounds proud of his brother and a part of me wonders if there is any jealousy there.

"Well nice to meet Calvin," he slows our movements and now I can commence our little talk. "So are you allowed to talk to the rest of us?" I look at the rest of the people in the ballroom.