7

❝ When you try your best, but you don't succeed.
When you get what you want, but not what you need.
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep.
Stuck in reverse.❞

─Coldplay

"Well I guess I'll tell you about my past as well," I sigh and avert my eyes to the sky and concentrate that I do not break down in front of him.

"I am an only child that was raised by my father. Andrew is the only person that I might consider like a sibling. It was the two of us against the world that is until I met Marcus. My father tried his best to always be there for me as a father, mother, and a friend but being the alpha always seemed to get in the way." I laugh at the thought, how naïve was I, swallowing down the lump forming, "I find it silly now but when I was younger it really struck a nerve when my father was never able to come to the father daughter events at school. I would throw it in his face when all my friends fathers were there with their daughters and I had to stay home or stand on the sidelines and watch as my friends enjoyed their time with their old man."

"Anyways we were having a rocky relationship until I graduated high school. By this time my father was spending so much time with Andrew and his Beta that I started getting jealous. He could make time for them and not for me? I would get into physical fights with Andrew because of this I'm not even sure how we are even friends still. I took it for granted back then but I would kill for one more night that my father would walk into my room in the middle of the night and kiss me goodnight." My hands are on top of the table and they clench into fist as I try to control my feelings. Hunter's hands wrap around mine and I look into his eyes and they soften.

"A couple months back my father and I started my training I was having trouble with my wolf and my father didn't like it. My animal side was taking full control of me once I was in wolf form and my father decided that I needed to learn control. It appears that my wolf was becoming restless that I hadn't found my mate." Rolling my eyes my wolf growl unhappily, "The week that we were training there was going to be a party for one of the wolfings that finally shifted. My father convinced me to go to it and who would have thought, the alpha's daughter found her mate at last."

My wolf scuffles away not wanting to think about Marcus I wish I could to. "Marcus was part of another pack he never told me which pack it was I guess he used that as an advantage because I can't trace him back to them. Anyways he came down because he is related to a family here." My eyes go to Hunter his hands still wrap around mine and shrug for no apparent reason.

"After we met that night we were inseparable. We spend every minute together but away from the packs eyes. See I've always been the type to be serious a no nonsense type of girl but with him he would make me become a completely different person." I stop for a moment and take a deep breath.

"You don't have to keep going if you don't want to," Hunter says but my eyes look over my hands.

"I haven't even gotten to the best part."

"Your hands? They are not getting warmer." He rubs them fast trying to heat them up.

"I'm always cold and your hands are cold as well," I watch as he stops and I can feel him staring so I look up. "It happened when you lost your mate?" I nod, "mine did as well."

"Where was I? Ah I was not the same person with him around. I was so much happier and I felt complete. My wolf had her partner as well with his wolf and me well I found my soul mate. Marcus was brave, strong, and caring. We did our rounds together and when we were free we stuck to each other like gum under our shoes."