37

Walking through the forest with Calvin is not as uncomfortable as I thought it would be. He gave me room to breathe, he did not stare at me as if I was a freak of nature, and he did not push questions down my throat. He treats me like my pack treats me and that is a breath of fresh air. But that did not mean I was not going to push some down his.

We need to learn more about his pack.

"Calvin," I look at him and he seems lost in thought, "Calvin!"

"What?" His eyes snap into reality.

"You seem a little out of it." It seems more like he is having a conversation that I am not allowed to be part of.

Welcome to the no girls allowed club!

"Sorry my brother is in my head at the moment," he shakes his head a bit as if to shake his brother out of it.

"Seems like you have a lot of people in your head," my foot gets caught in a tree root and I feel myself fall a bit but Calvin hand grips my arm tightly holding me in place.

"Yes but I'm still aware of my surrounding. Anyways you're an alpha isn't there a lot of people in your head?" About that.

"Funny you should say that. No I don't have a lot of people in my head actually the only person I really mind link is my beta and even he seems like a lot at times."

Your pack has a mind of their own you don't invade their privacy so they stay out of yours.

"That must be nice," his face scrunches and he runs his fingers through his hair in frustration.

"Your brother," he nods his head.

"Yea but I can ignore him easily," he gives me a weak smile and I know that he is lying to me.

"I wanted to ask you something what are we doing this whole week," this has tortured my mind since I met Derek.

He stops and ponders it for a moment, "Well there are a series of challenges that the alpha gives his fellow alphas."

"Challenges," I growl my wolf erupts as usual.

He brought us here to see how strong we are as alphas.

"From what I heard your father was so remarkable at them that the old Alpha requested him to join the pack." My father, this is news to me. I can feel pride swell up within me.

"I didn't know," my wolf hurts as bad as I do at the mention of my father. She misses him as well.

"The old alpha admired him for not giving into his wolf with everything he went through. When," he clears his throat, "his mate passed away the alpha mourned with him but he knew that Alpha Blake wasn't going to leave his 'son'. The old alpha passed away a couple years ago handing down his legacy to his younger brother, Alpha Storm's father. He was too old for this so he gave it to his son, our now Alpha Storm."

Why couldn't we meet the old alpha? Not his stuck up nephew.

"You thought I was a man!" I yell in mock surprise wanting to change the subject.

"No. Alpha Storm knew you were a woman. You were a complete surprise to the other guests." His eyes hold an amuse gleam in them.

"How?"

"Alpha Storm has these powers I can't get too much into details but he can see your most recent memories. Anyways one day we ran out of the barrier and a rogue's scent caught our attention. We caught up to it and Alpha Storm worked his magic and he saw you, the fight, Marcus, and of the rogues joining your pack." Calvin drops in defeat and he releases a small whimper.

The alpha has a bag of tricks on his side. Do you trust his omega?

He is here with me right. He could have left me on the ground and ran off with his brother.

"Your brother," I kneel next to him trying to calm him his pain is mental more than physical.

"Alpha, I'm ignoring orders so I'm probably going to get punished when we get back." He breathes deeply from his nose and then grunts.

"Ignoring orders? Punished? Why?" My voice gets angrier towards the end.

"Yes Alpha Storm wants me to rush you back and I sort of told him we'll get there when you decide. When and if his pack members disobey his orders he punishes them. You don't punish your pack?" His breathing is coming in more even.

"Hell no! Well actually I haven't had a need to 'punish' anyone in my pack." For the love of god this guy need to be put in his place. His eyebrows shoot up as that sinks in.

You don't want him to get in trouble huh.

Of course not!

Well then help him out and race him back.

"Let's get back to the castle," I lift him up with me and he looks at me confused. Once he is steady I release him and throw myself forward and run towards the castle. Calvin is by my side and does not lose his pace once. My feet hits the gravel the sun is already out, my eyes go to the castle and at the stairs is no other than the beta and the alpha himself glaring at Calvin.

"What are you doing?" Derek yells at Calvin his face reddens a bit as a protruding vein is visible on his neck. He is beyond angry.

"I was helping Alpha Blake," he says calmly bowing his head down at this alpha.

"You know you needed to report back to me like your brother. Zeke you know where to take him," Calvin swallows down hard he takes a quick glance at me and nods his head. He walks towards them.

"Wait! Why are you punishing him? I'm the one that broke through the barrier. I am the one that causing you problems." I look over at Derek and I can feel my anger rising and the dislike for this man is going to a darker corner.

"You're not a member of my pack so I don't have to answer to you!" He seethes at me. I am a part of your stupid pack but you do not have much power over me as you do them.

"It seems like you should be answering to someone. You're more of a tyrant than an alpha. An alpha leads and helps their pack not take away their personal freedom," Calvin looks at me with surprise and I give him an apologetic expression.

"Alpha Blake you seem to be more and more surprising with each passing hour. But if I was you I wouldn't be making assumptions without digging deeper. Zeke get your brother!" Zeke comes down and grabs Calvin by his arm and takes him inside. My body feels hot with anger at the alpha. There is nothing I can do here but watch as the door closes behind Calvin. "I would appreciate if you stay inside the barrier for you safety."

"My safety," I scoff and walk up the stairs and walk pass him without a second glance.

"Melany," he says before I walk inside.

I stop for a second, "Its Alpha Blake to you!" I walk inside and run upstairs to my bedroom. I open the door and Hunter's eyes open at the sound of the noise. I do not hesitate to run to him he opens up his arms as I throw myself into them. I cannot help but let the tears of anger wash over my cheeks as a loud sob escapes me.

We need to do something about this!