47

The man before me may not seem like a threat but the way I am tied up says different. My wrist and ankles are chain to the platform that I am laying on.

"What do you want with me?" I shout at him.

"Funny I was under the impression that you knew me well..." Derek's fathers eyes burn into mine. They are as dark as a moonless night.

"Did Derek put you up to this?" I seethe at him. He has white cloth in his hands and he lifts it up to his mouth and coughs into it, gasping for air after every cough.

"No he didn't," he says and wipes his mouth with the cloth.

"Manny." Derek's father snaps his fingers and a man in a butler suit walks out from one of the dark corners. The room is dark with the only light beaming down on me I cannot see what is surrounding me.

"Yes master."

"Untie the girl she is of no danger to herself." The man bows his head and walks over to me. His hands are gentle as they unshackle me once he finishes with my wrists I sit up rubbing them. I stare as the man as he releases my ankles.

What does he want with you?

Let's find out.

Keep me close to the surface just in case.

My wolf is ready to burst through me if there is any reason for her to come out.

Once I am free I swing my legs off the platform and look at Derek's father in the eyes. "What do you want with me?" A growl rumbles through my words.

"I want to talk but I know that you wouldn't come willingly so I brought you myself." He shrugs as if it is normal to take people against their will.

"Funny I was on my way to look for you." He looks at me amused as a smile plays at the corner of his lip.

"Come on sweetie let's talk." He raises his hand up so I can take it but I ignore it and jump off. His eyes narrow and he turns and walks into the darkness he opens up a door letting the light shine into the room. "Come along."

This feels dangerous.

You're telling me.

He walks out the door with me at his heels. He leads me into a room made of stone. There are two arm chairs facing each other with a fireplace lit behind them.

This is where the alpha of alphas holds his meetings.

There is an iron smell hanging in the air. Blood?

For your sake let's hope not.

"Take a seat." He motions to the chairs, "Manny get me a glass of my favorite whiskey and for you?"

Don't get anything.

I shake my head.

"Do you have that little trust in me? Get the girl a glass of water."

Girl! My wolf does not like the way he speaks to us.

I walk to the chair and sit down. The room is empty there is no paintings, tables, or furniture other than the chairs.

"I don't know you well enough to trust you and from what I've experience with you I don't think that will happen anytime soon." He is out of my sight but I can feel his presence.

"Let's see if I can change that." He walks from behind me and takes the seat directly across from me. "I'm dying Melany." There is no reaction in my part. "But I didn't bring you here so you can pity me." He spit to the side, "pity such a worthless emotion. I see that you have a lot of pity especially towards my son's omega." His eyes narrow and I narrow mine as well.