33

We walk all the way to the bottom of the stair and I am still having a hard time composing myself. Still no word has been uttered by anyone in the ballroom. My eyes find Andrew and he gives me a reassuring smile. There are people here that I know I do not have to be so nervous.

"What do we do now?" I whisper to Hunter and he shrugs and starts walking towards our pack members. I am happy that I get to be with the people that I feel comfortable with.

"Let's keep the party going!" A voice booms and then people continue with their chatter. My eyes go to blue eyed male sitting on a throne of a chair. He is wearing a black tux with a golden undervest. His eyes hold mine captive as he looks at me intrigued.

"Is that him?" I ask Hunter with my eyes on the man.

"What?" He looks in the same direction as me, "must be since he is in the throne." I glance over at him and his eyes show no emotion but they stay locked on him.

"Let's get a table I'm starving!" Andrew breaks my gaze with the man and Hunter looks down at me warmly.

"Your beta hungry that's a miracle," Hunter snorts and I laugh at him.

We get a table, the chairs are golden as well as the plates and cups, a waiter tries to pull out my chair but Hunter stops him and helps me in.

We just barely sit down when everyone goes to take a seat. My eyes dart to the man in the throne. He is standing next to an older man. He is dress just like blue eyed man.

"I am proud," the older man speaks once everyone is sitting, "to pass down the crown to my son. The new alpha of alpha's my son Derek Storm." The room erupts into a thunderous applause. I clap late and for a few seconds. "As tradition this being his first Moonlight Ball one lucky unmated lady will accompany him on the first dance of the ball." The blue eyed male whispers into the older man's ear. He then clears his throat, "my apologies I mean alpha. May we have Alpha Blake come up here please?"

No freakin way!

He didn't just say my name.

That is what he said.

My body tenses up as I look over at Hunter. His jaw is clenched and then his eyes dart to the waiter. His glare stops him in his tracks, Hunter growls unhappily and stands up. He helps me out of my seat and I cling onto his arm. Hunter understands and walks me up. His arm around me showing him I am with him.

The Alpha walks down towards us. Once we are face to face I feel uneasy under his gaze. Hunter stays with me as his hand goes under my chin and lifts my face to look at him. He gives me a quick peck in the lips as the alpha clears his throat. There are hush voices talking as Hunter moves away from me.

Hunter lets go of me, my lifeline, and walks back to the table. I stand before the alpha in a room full of people and I feel as if it is just me and him.

The band starts playing a song I have never heard before and Derek takes a step towards me. He snakes his arm around my waist and it feels out of place. His hand presses against the small of my back as he pushes me to get closer. His hand grips mine and I do not want to appear rude so I rest my hand on his shoulder.

"Hello Alpha Blake nice to finally meet you," he smiles at me as his blue eyes smolder mine.

"Likewise," I mutter.

How does he know about you?

"I see that you and Alpha Hunter have something going on," he moves me around the dancefloor gracefully. I nod. "So I guess you manage to break the mate bond with Marcus."

I swallow down my growl at the mention of his name, "yes I have."

He nods and then spins me out and back to him my back against his chest as he sways me. "But you're not marked or mated with your mate or his replacement." I hear the venom in his voice as he finds another way instead of mentioning Hunter's name. I am facing my table and my eyes go to Hunter, who looks tortured, Derek lips go to my ears. "He is Marcus's replacement isn't he?" He twirls me around so that we are now facing each other.

"With all due respect why does that matter to you?" I try to keep my composure but I am at the brink of losing it.

Why is he bringing up things that have nothing to do with him?

"I'm just trying to figure you out, since you are an enigma. You're a new alpha, you went into hiatus of your alpha duties after your father's death and again when your mate left. You come out of nowhere stronger than ever gaining the biggest pack in this side of the country second only to mine and you think that it's none of my business." The music slows and when he twirls me I make sure to take an extra step away from him. He smirks at me and bows down I do the same.

"Thank you Alpha Blake for allowing Alpha Storm to dance with you," the speaker's boom and I nod my head a bit. Derek comes to me and guides me back to my table where I eagerly wrap my arms around Hunter. He hugs me tightly and I hear him say you're welcome. I do not dare look back at Derek. I feel free from his hold and at the moment I do not want to be held captive again.

"Can you believe that we have to wait until they call to the dining hall to eat?" Andrew groans and Angie smacks him playfully. I sit down and Andrew leans towards me. "What's the matter?"

I swallow down my anger, "he knows everything about me!" I can feel his stare on me and I bite down yet another growl.

"He knows everything?" Hunter does not stop his growl from surfacing his eyes dart towards Derek but he is busy talking to some other people.

"That must be why everyone knows about you and breaking your mating bond," Angie gasp as she knows that she said too much and I narrow my eyes.

"What?" I snap and I can see that people turn to look at me.

"Apparently he has been seeking out information about you all over," Angie lowers her head as my alpha aura bursts through me and I know everyone is looking at me. My head snaps in the direction of Derek.

"You're crossing the line," I hiss and Hunter grabs me trying to calm me down.

Derek looks at me and grins, "I don't think so." He looks smugly at me and I can feel my wolf wanting to surface and I know that threating the head alpha can be punishable by death. At the moment I do not care I want to go after him. I do not even know him and yet I want to sink my claws into him.

A bell chimes silencing everyone, "Dinner is ready." Andrew swallows hard I believe he lost his appetite as well as the rest of the table.

This boy better watch himself!