31

The car parks and the person inside cut the engine. The silence suddenly swallowing me up my eyes try to see pass the dark windshield but I cannot see anything other than some small movement. I can feel their eyes on me and they sit there for a minute before the sound of the door opening echoes in the quiet outdoors. Hunter comes out confidently. My heart burst through my chest as his eyes lock on mine and then he frowns. "You're not ready?"

"Ready?" I question.

For what?

That's what I want to know? I look at him dumbfounded.

"I told Andrew to tell you," he pinches the bridge of his nose and shakes his head.

"You told Andrew what exactly?" My eyebrow arches.

"I told him to have you ready. Where is he?" His eyes dart to the house.

"He is busy at the moment," that is not a lie my eyes dart to the door. "Why are you here? I thought that you had meetings to attend to and I would see you Friday." I am happy to see him but I swear he said he would be busy for a couple days that is why I would not be able to see him.

"I cancelled them all and told Andrew to have you ready so that I could take you out," he smirks at me, "but I don't mind taking you like this." I am wearing workout clothes and my hair is sticking to my skin because of the sweat.

"You're crazy if you think that we are going out with me looking like this!" I snap at him then it hits me, "go out? Like a date?"

A night out in the town! That sounds marvelous.

"Yes," he comes at me and engulfs me in a hug. If I had to be honest I had never been on a date. I did not date much well more like ever being the alpha's daughter every boy in town knew to stay clear of me. Marcus never took me out we spend most of our relationship in the woods or away from prying eyes.

Hunter loves to let people see us together and I am not use to that. He acts as if he found a diamond amongst the rocks and I do not think like that. I feel as if I am the lucky one to have someone like him in my life.

"Take a quick shower then. I'll give you thirty minutes," he gives me a playful shove towards the door. I run up the steps but stop before I get into the house.

"Where are we going?" I turn back to look at him but he shakes his head points to the door.

"Wear whatever makes you comfortable and warm," he says nonchalantly giving nothing away.

"Anything?" He nods and I walk inside as Hunter follows me into the house.

Andrew is on the couch by himself. His eyes go to us and he nods he still looks shocked.

"Andrew, are you okay? You seem pale," Hunter walks towards him and sits next to him. Andrew swallows. "Andrew?" Hunter pats his back.

"I found my mate," he stutters and his eyes fill up with panic again when he looks up at me and then looks over at Hunter.

"Congratulations," Hunter beams at him. Andrew's worry more surfaces and Hunter's eyebrows furrow. "Melany, get ready I need to talk to Andrew alone."

I nod and head upstairs. I take a quick shower when a dilemma hits me.

What am I going to wear?

He said comfortable and warm don't over think it.

I sigh and nod at myself. I decide to go with black jeans, a beige peacoat, and black flats. I put on eyeliner and mascara. Taking on last look at myself I decide I am as ready as I will ever be. I walk out of my room and head down stairs.