14

Marcus's hand presses me closer to him his lips mold into mine as realization finally connect with my mind. I shove him away from me his face full of surprise at my actions and my hand flies whipping him across the face. My stinging hand recoils to my chest as I rub away the sting.

"What the hell Melany?" He says as he takes a step back.

"I told you that I was done with you!" The huffing behind me tells me that Hunter is there pacing from the sound of his breathing. I feel braver with him so close.

"Melany we were made for one another!" He whispers.

"I can't deny that. You were my other half but now I have to learn how to be my own person so the next person who tries to take a claim on my heart knows what I am worth. Fate played a cruel hand dooming me with a mate that can up and walk away but I will show fate, you, and anyone else for that matter that I can stand on my own."

"Mel," he takes a step towards me but I put my hand up stopping him.

"Tell your pack that I will allow them to hunt on my land and that's it. I don't want to see you, do you understand?" I seethe at him. He nods, "the next time you try to touch me be ready to start pulling leather out of your ass," Marcus looks down at my feet and sees my leather boots. Hunter makes a weird noise resembling chuckling. Marcus looks pass me and glares at him.

I turn around and start walking away from him and this time he does not try to stop me. Hunter walks by my side. He walks in a leisurely pace as we take a calming stroll through the forest. "Hunter," I whisper. He turns to look at me, "Thanks," he slightly nods and walks with me in comfortable silence. My hand wanders to his fur and I scratch him behind his ear and he leans his head into my hand making me scratch his ear faster.

Melany?

We're fine Andrew don't worry.

I'm not worried about you. Hunter's beta is here waiting for him.

"Your beta is at the pack house!" Hunter straightens himself up and I look in the direction of the pack house there is still a ways to go. "Go on, I'll only slow you down." Hunter shakes his head and lowers himself down so I can climb him once again. I want to fight him and say that I can take care of myself but I stop myself. Hunter runs through the forest like a bullet making it back home in record time.

Climbing off of him I see a tall, dirty blonde haired, muscular male standing in front of the pack house. "Who are you?" He asks confusion all over his face as he looks at Hunter.

I roll my eyes in annoyance, "Alpha Blake," Hunter says as he is already in his human form.

"Oh my apologies alpha I came to speak with my alpha," he looks over at me.

Andrew is walking out the door when he stops. He looks at me as if waiting to see what my next move is. "I'll give you two some privacy," I walk up the steps and Andrew follows me inside.

"What is that all about?" We walk into the living room and sit down. I invade the love seat as Andrew sits in the long couch. I wrap my arms around my body suddenly feeling very cold.

"I don't know, probably rogues?" I shrug.

"Possibly, I can always eavesdrop you know," Andrew smiles at me and I laugh. He always wants to know what is going on.

"Stop it and let them talk," I sigh trying to control my laughter.

"Fine," he groans, "so do you want to talk about what happen with Marcus," he scrunches up his face as he says his name.

"I thought you were hearing everything." I curve my eyebrow at him Mr. Nosey was not paying attention in the woods.

"You blocked me out once Hunter took off. I missed all the fun didn't I?" I roll my eyes at him and look at him seriously.