54

6 months later

Six months of craziness but it will end soon...hopefully.

My father's office has become like a second home to me. I have spend more time in this room than anywhere else since I got back from the Moonlight Ball.

Hunter is back on his territory...well back on 'our' territory. He took me to meet his pack a few months back. Never in my two decades of walking this planet have I seen so many people be happy to see me. Some of his elders thought he was never going to find someone to settle down with and they are happy that it is with someone that can handle him. I think they have it the other way around.

I also met Haley's parents. They were happy for Hunter for finding someone and they treated him well. Hunter's pack and mine clicked instantly as we introduced them at a bonfire.

Both our elders shared their stories with all the children and everyone seemed to get along.

At the moment I am staring at the territories and trying to decide how to split them for rounds. More land means more trouble. There is a ton of paperwork that is seeking my attention and to top it off I am in a constant battle with my wolf wanting to shift and run free for a couple hours, time that I do not have so we both suffer.

The knock at the door makes me lift up my eyes as a bulging stomach appears at my door.

"Melany!" She huffs, "Mel!"

"Angie!" I jump out of my chair and open up the door wider. Angie is catching her breath.

"What are you doing here?" She scorns playfully.

"I have a lot of work to do. What are you doing? You're about to give birth to those pups and you're coming up here."

Angie's hands rub around her belly as her smiles down at her stomach. "I wouldn't have to come here if you would cooperate!"

"Fine I'll be down in a minute." I give her a smile and she takes it and nods.

"You better," I do not want to mess with a hormonal pregnant woman, "or you'll see my bad side."

"No worries let me just finish up and I'll help you." Angie makes her way out of my office as I walk back to my desk sinking into the chair.

Angie has grown on me since the Moonlight Ball. She is my wedding planner and when she told me that she was pregnant I suggested that I find someone new. I would rather face an entire pack of rogues on my own than go through that again. She exploded on me, cried hysterically, and to top it off she played the pregnancy card making me look heartless amongst my pack.

I gave in within minutes and told her that I would help her with whatever she needed. I did not know what I was getting myself into when I agreed marrying Hunter. Flowers, food, dresses, invitations, color schemes, and the worse having a crazed pregnant woman breathing down my neck because of my lack of knowledge on all of this.

I get up from my desk finally letting it sink it that I am not going to get nothing done and make my way down to the living room where Andrew and Angie are lounging around. Andrew is rubbing Angie's swollen feet as she nags on.

"I swear Melany is going to make me pull out all my hair...I'm going to be bald by the time she walks down the aisle." She shouts as her head is relaxed on the back of the couch and her eyes are staring off into space.

"That makes two of us!" I hiss as I walk towards them. Andrew gives me sympathy look.

She is way too excited for this wedding. Sorry!