45

I feel as if a weight is lifted off of me and as I surface my wolf is there comforting me. It is like an out of body experience and now I am being reunited with my physical self.

I held down the fort while you were gone.

Her voice makes me feel safe as if I am home once again.

What happen?

Nothing that you should worry about! But you have someone eager to see you so open up your eyes.

I surface and my eyes take in a bare room for a moment I feel as if I am back in my own room with the exception of the beeping of a machine. I groan and see Hunter sitting in the chair staring at me as if waiting for me to vanish.

"What?" My throat is dry so my voice comes out raspy.

"Nothing it's just that it is you." He smiles and I feel a pounding headache come on.

"Of course it's me who else would it be?" I sigh and see that there are crumbs on my chest and a half eaten sandwich sits in front of me. "Was I your table?" I look over at Hunter and he shakes his head.

"Silver was eating."

"Oh," I shrug when I realize that I do not know who Silver is, "wait a minute who the hell is Silver?" Hunter sighs.

"She's your wolf. We got to meet her while you were asleep." He met my animal spirit.

They met you? Silver I like the sound of that.

And I like having you with me.

"Was she a talking wolf or what," my curiosity getting the best of me.

"Actually it was you but not you." Hunter waves his hands around as if trying to explain it better.

"What do you mean," my eyebrows pull together as I try to understand him.

"She was in your body but her eyes weren't yours. She has brown eyes." Brown eyes.

I wish I could meet you.

As do I. But I got to meet Hunter and well he is an amazing person.

I know.

The doctor walks in and checks me over. There is nothing wrong so I am allowed to leave. Hunter grabs my hand and we walk out of there together.

"Thank you for taking care of me." He stares at me lovingly with his soft golden eyes.

"No need to thank me I will always put you before anything." His hand gives me a gentle squeeze and I relax and rest my head on his shoulder as we walk through the hallway. "Let's go to the dining hall you have people waiting on you."

"Okay."

We walk and the chatter is loud even with the door close. Hunter opens it up and as if it were the first day again silence. This time I do not hesitate I spot Andrew and walk confidently towards them with Hunter by my side.

"She's alive!" Andrew shouts as if he were talking about Frankenstein.

"Of course I am." I snap at him giving him a playful shove.

"I was getting worried when I couldn't talk to you...and Alpha Storm didn't allow us close to your room." His eyes dart to the head of the table and for the first time I look over in that direction and he is staring at me.

"Excuse me I need to talk to him." I release Hunter hands and he exhales loudly.

"Of course," Hunter sits down next to Ken.