21

Sitting in my bed I stare at my bare walls. I cannot sleep and I doubt that is because of all the food Andrew practically force fed me. He apparently has taken over Hunter's duty of taking care of me. I am wearing a thin long sleeve and sweats to keep me warm on this cold night. A thin shirt is fine since I am always cold. Not sure of how long I am sitting there when music fills my ears.

What is that? My wolf ears perks up in interest, anything than just staring at the wall would catch her attention, even a fly on the wall.

I turn and the faint music is coming from my dresser. I open up the drawer and my long forgotten cellphone is flashing stating that there is an incoming call.

I stare at it as the number appearing before my eyes is unknown. Actually anyone's number would be unknown since I refuse to use the darn thing. Who would have my number other than my pack and they are right here so could be calling me. Andrew insisted that I have a phone since my mind link was weak and I needed a way to communicate with someone.

Who could that be?

I don't want to answer what if it is a murder like that one movie Hunter made me watch. What was it called? Ah when a stranger calls. Well this is defiantly a stranger.

You're such a wimp.

Then you answer.

Answer the darn thing.

The phone goes black once again and the only light is the moonlight. I slide my draw shut and return to staring at the wall.

See they gave up. My wolf goes back to being bored.

Do you think Hunter made it home safe?

I don't know. Sighing I sink further into my mattress when a beeping noise fills the silence. I open up the drawer once again and look inside. There is a small flashing dot. I grab at it and it is my phone again. I push the top button and the screen lights up. There is a phone icon stating a missed call with the unknown number and then underneath it there is a voicemail.

I press on the voicemail section and put the phone up against my ear.

"You have one new message from..." The voice goes on to say the number. "Push one to return to menu, four to listen to the message, and seven to delete the message."

I remove the phone from my ear and press the four on the dialer. "This is your message."

Some crackling noise comes through the earpiece and then some breathing.

What the hell is this?

I don't know.

"Melany?" His voice makes me gasp. "Why don't you answer? Oh sorry it's Hunter." I know that voice anywhere. "I'm going to call you again in a few minutes answer me."

The messages ends and the voice comes back up, "press one to repeat the message, four to delete the message, seven to save the message."

I push the number seven and smile at the screen like an idiot. My eyes go to the battery percentage at the top of the screen, 16%. My phone is not going to last very long with that much battery.

I jump out of my bed and run out of my room my bare feet pounding at the cold wooden floor. I get to the door that I have come to know very well. My fist pounds away at the door, "Andrew." I do not bother with him opening the door I twist the knob and Andrew is sprawled across his bed. "Wake up!" I pounce on him as he groans sleepily.

He is shirtless and his bottom half is cover with a blanket.

"Go away!" He shouts and flips over to his stomach.