Chapter 31- Caitlin

I froze; did he seriously just ask that question? Slowly, I turn around and gulp when he didn’t reach my eye level. He was down on one knee wasn’t he? A bulge in my throat formed from the impending question. I had to give him an answer. I finally sucked up the courage to look down and stared at the ring nestled into the black satin. It possessed to three diamonds, one in the middle and two smaller ones on either side. It was simple but extremely beautiful.

“Y…Yes, yes of course I’ll marry you,” I managed to escape the words and once they were said, the lump that was stuck in my throat easily removed itself.

            He slid the ring onto my ring finger and I leapt into his arms. He kissed me lightly and first but it quickly turned rough, Aaron aiming for something which he already knew he wouldn’t get. A while later he pulled away and pushed me into the water, he soon followed. I surfaced quickly and stared him.

“What was that for?” I questioned.

“I just really want to go to your cave,” he answered.

“Could have asked,” I argued.

“But the look on your face was funnier.”

            I stuck my tongue out at him and dove under; we swam hand in hand when she entered first through the underwater entrance. When we arrived I paused and surfaced, someone was here. Keeping my distance, I listened to the conversation which was taking place.

“This is her cave, she’ll come here soon,” an official sounding voice boomed.

“Thank goodness, I can’t believe what she did!” a familiar voice spoke.

            That was the voice that tried to kill me, that was the voice of Cassie Jones. All sympathy I had towards her instantly disappeared as rage built up and I swam forward. Their heads turned to me and Aaron followed me, I knew what he would say about leaving it alone but I just couldn’t. I climbed out and quickly dried myself and Aaron just to be polite. The woman in a suit started to conversation off.

“Caitlin Williams, you are under arrest for the exposure of a fellow mermaid. This is by the mermaid accusation court and anything you say or do could be held against you,” she told me, holding my hands behind my back, ready to handcuff me.

            My eyes grew wide and I tried to say something but the words were stuck once again. All that came out was a couple of stutters which were interrupted by Cassie sniggering in the corner. Aaron took a step forward to speak, I was glad that he was going to defend me and I can’t get my words out.

“This is outrageous. She’s being arrested for exposure when not to mention, I exposed Cassie and it was me who threw the water at her. But also, Cassie purposely crashed into me, trying to kill me and when Caitlin wouldn’t join her side, she pushed he down the stairs just because Caitlin is sane and didn’t want to take over the world,” Aaron defended, his speech becoming slightly cocky at the end.

“Is this true?” the official person let go and turned to Cassie.

“Of course not, does she look injured and maybe Mr. Thompson did crash but that had absolutely nothing to do with me. Taking over the world? Are they crazy?” she questioned.

“No it’s just you, you little piece of…” I began but Aaron cleared his throat before I spoke anything he knew I would regret, “It’s true though, what Aaron said.”

“Okay, to settle this, both of you comes to court tomorrow, go to the pier and a form of transport will meet you there,” she spoke quickly, becoming bored of the impending argument between two teen mermaids.

            She handed us each a slip before swiftly moving out of the cave and into the water. I never saw her tail, she had disappeared before possible. Once she was gone, my attention immediately turned to Cassie whose nostrils were flaring at how her plan had back fired. I couldn’t help but allow a smirk to creep across my face.

“You’ll regret that,” she warned me, pacing forward to stick her finger in my face.

            But to be quite honest, I was done with dealing with her and her bitchy attitude. I took a step forward to meet her which surprised her a little. And the smirk grew wider.

“To be fully honest Cassie there is a lot I want to say to you right now but I’m going to keep it short. In the shortest way to say it, you are every bad word that can come out of any language dictionary. I would go through every word I know but you know how smart am I and that would take me a while,” I shouted at her, Aaron high fived me and Cassie’s face filled with anger, “Now get your fat arse out of my cave.”

            I kicked her and she landed strait into the water, making a splash and swum away without another word. I turned to Aaron who had a stunned look on his face.

“Sorry about my language but…”

“Doesn’t matter,” he began, once again interrupting me, “I love it.”

“Knew you would,” I answered with a smirk.

            He lightly brushed his lips against mine as a symbol of affection but in all honesty, I was having none of that. I felt a smirk replace his smile as I deepened the kiss, wrapping my arms around his neck to bring him closer. He pushed me against the cave wall which I was expecting but I pulled away abruptly which left a frown on his face.

“I don’t want another kid yet and we all know where that was going to end up,” I told him.

            He laughed and I felt my phone vibrate. I pulled it out to see a text from my parents. I put it back into my bra.

“That’s a lucky phone,” he sighed.

“Never mind you, there is something wrong with the twins,” I revealed frantically.

            He practically shoved me in the water, good to know that he cares. 

____________________________________ 

The story is coming to end :( 

Tell me what you think?